Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

two different categories with same links?

Quote Reply
two different categories with same links?
FrownHi all,

can i use a different category column and a different Full_Name column(other than the existed one) from the category table to generated doubles categories with same links?
please help.

regards,
eugene

Last edited by:

eugene: Jul 11, 2002, 11:53 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [eugene] two different categories with same links? In reply to
Hi There,

Can you provide me with a bit more information on your intent? Especially what you'd like to do with the second category name?

Aki
Quote Reply
I'm not sure that is possible, but you can assign links to more than one category. Just hold down Ctrl when selecting your categories from the drop down box, and that will then show the link in multiple categorys.

Hope that helps.

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Aki] two different categories with same links? In reply to
Hi Aki,

working for a company that bought links sql, i noticed that for their bilangual search engine in french and english, they install twice links sql for both languages. then we have french templates and english ones. The problem is that these two links sql used the same database and config files. we then end up with same categories name in english for the two sites. Also the links are in english even if the root directory for the english starts at /eng and the french directory is on another folder /fr.

since i've to work with the same database for the two version of the site, i added two columns in the category properties: NameFr and Full_NameFr to be for the french version in addition to the Name and Full_name for the english one.

Frown
In Reply To:
What i want to do is for Name and Full_Name to be substituted by NameFr and Full_NameFr when building the french version.
I did try to hack the code but only succedding on having the url of the categories in french when building the web site but <%Category%> still remain in english.

I hope i wasn't more confuse here again.
can you help me?
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] two different categories with same links? In reply to
Hi Andy,

thanks for you reply. in fact my problem is more complexe and i've detailed it in my second posting for Aki.
Can you help me?

thanks.
Quote Reply
Hi all,

right, just sorted out my problem.
needed to go through the page.cgi, category.pm siteHTML.pm and build.pm to change when necessary
FullName by FullNameFr and Name by NameFr.

thanls all.