Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

stupid question time - body font

Quote Reply
stupid question time - body font
I'm trying to get my font sizes consistant. I use points, the body font for the default template is simply 2. I try to change that to 10pt and my letters get huge!!! What's going on here?
Quote Reply
Re: [rayhne] stupid question time - body font In reply to
Are they enclosed by other font tags/style-class settings/heading tags as well, which could be altering their sizes?

http://www.iuni.com/...tware/web/index.html
Links Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [Ian] stupid question time - body font In reply to
What's happening is that fonts that aren't anywhere near a body_font tag are changing. Actually, I think I'm just going to wean out the body_font tag and not use it at all (go completely to css). Anyone know if it would hurt any if I take out the basefont from the body_tag?
Quote Reply
No, it won't hurt, but there are font size problems that may be browser related.

I have some problems trying to get the fonts to change sizes, almost exactly like what you are saying, and couldn't figure out a pattern to it.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] stupid question time - body font In reply to
Well, if I find a pattern, I'll let you know. Right now, I've got font sizes coming in three different ways (#, pt, px) and need to get it consistant. Plus I heard that the font tag is being weeded out or rather, recommended not to use. I'd like to go totally css so I'm working my way through the pages one by one and cleaning them up.
Quote Reply
First thing I did was remove all the various font tags from the templates and replace them with my own (CSS for most stuff, with a few <font size="x">'s thrown in for headings). As such, I haven't encountered any font inconsistency problems.

Hey, anything's better than the CSS fonts that came with the Links 2.0 templates! :)

Dan