Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

problems importing database to Links SQL 2

Quote Reply
problems importing database to Links SQL 2
I am in process of upgrading Links SQL 1 to SQL 2. I think the installtion went pretty good. Only thing I am stuck at now is, I can not import data. I do exactly as it says, go to Database in Admin, click on Import, this is error I get:

Import error: CRITICAL ERROR OCCURED: Couldn't connect to source Category db: Access denied for user: 'wetdir@localhost' (Using password: YES) at /home/www/my.wetbed.com/dir_v2/admin/Links/Import/S1S2.pm line 166

I added wetdir couple of times as a valid used with all the rights. It just doesn;t get thru.

Another problem, links SQL 1 which was working fine on side, is coming up permission problem as well.

DBSQL (2688): Fatal Error: Unable to connect to the SQL server. Reason: Access denied for user: 'wetdir@localhost' (Using password: YES) at Links/Admin_HTML.pm line 532

Can someone please help me here ASAP as my site is currently down.

thanks,
- Bobby

Quote Reply
Re: problems importing database to Links SQL 2 In reply to
This isnt a Links SQL problem it is a MySQL problem....check your mysql login details and db name.

Paul Wilson. Shocked
(Dont blame me if I'm wrong!)
Quote Reply
that's what I getting at is if it was a mysql problem and user exists with appropriate permissions, why is it still doing it?

Quote Reply
Hi,

It means that the login information found in your Category.def file in Links SQL 1.x is no longer valid. You can open that file up to see what it is using, but you will need to check mysql. You may need to do a FLUSH PRIVELAGES depending on how you changed permissions in mysql.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
thanks Alex. Edited Category.def. changed priviliges and it worked. meaning got that part :) Now, this is what's going on when I try importing:

Importing Subscribed users (users who receive the newsletter) ...
0 Subscribed users imported.

Importing Categories and Links ...
0 Categories imported.
0 Links imported.
Import error: WARNING: Unable to add category relation for categories with ID's: (new: , old: 369) and (new: , old: 411). Reason: Column 'CategoryID' cannot be null
Import error: WARNING: Unable to add category relation for categories with ID's: (new: , old: 204) and (new: , old: 141). Reason: Column 'CategoryID' cannot be null
Import error: WARNING: Unable to add category relation for categories with ID's: (new: , old: 141) and (new: , old: 204). Reason: Column 'CategoryID' cannot be null
Import error: WARNING: Unable to add category relation for categories with ID's: (new: , old: 197) and (new: , old: 329). Reason: Column 'CategoryID' cannot be null
Import error: WARNING: Unable to add category relation for categories with ID's: (new: , old: 128) and (new: , old: 182). Reason: Column 'CategoryID' cannot be null
Import error: WARNING: Unable to add category relation for categories with ID's: (new: , old: 176) and (new: , old: 312). Reason: Column 'CategoryID' cannot be null
Import error: WARNING: Unable to add category relation for categories with ID's: (new: , old: 394) and (new: , old: 417). Reason: Column 'CategoryID' cannot be null
Import error: WARNING: Unable to add category relation for categories with ID's: (new: , old: 411) and (new: , old: 369). Reason: Column 'CategoryID' cannot be null
Import error: WARNING: Unable to add category relation for categories with ID's: (new: , old: 298) and (new: , old: 344). Reason: Column 'CategoryID' cannot be null
Import error: WARNING: Unable to add category relation for categories with ID's: (new: , old: 432) and (new: , old: 379). Reason: Column 'CategoryID' cannot be null
Import error: WARNING: Unable to add category relation for categories with ID's: (new: , old: 144) and (new: , old: 341). Reason: Column 'CategoryID' cannot be null
Import error: WARNING: Unable to add category relation for categories with ID's: (new: , old: 205) and (new: , old: 151). Reason: Column 'CategoryID' cannot be null
Import error: WARNING: Unable to add category relation for categories with ID's: (new: , old: 147) and (new: , old: 170). Reason: Column 'CategoryID' cannot be null
Import error: WARNING: Unable to add category relation for categories with ID's: (new: , old: 151) and (new: , old: 205). Reason: Column 'CategoryID' cannot be null
Import error: WARNING: Unable to add category relation for categories with ID's: (new: , old: 314) and (new: , old: 192). Reason: Column 'CategoryID' cannot be null
Import error: WARNING: Unable to add category relation for categories with ID's: (new: , old: 329) and (new: , old: 197). Reason: Column 'CategoryID' cannot be null
Import error: WARNING: Unable to add category relation for categories with ID's: (new: , old: 170) and (new: , old: 147). Reason: Column 'CategoryID' cannot be null
Import error: WARNING: Unable to add category relation for categories with ID's: (new: , old: 416) and (new: , old: 335). Reason: Column 'CategoryID' cannot be null
Import error: WARNING: Unable to add category relation for categories with ID's: (new: , old: 344) and (new: , old: 298). Reason: Column 'CategoryID' cannot be null
Import error: WARNING: Unable to add category relation for categories with ID's: (new: , old: 182) and (new: , old: 128). Reason: Column 'CategoryID' cannot be null
Import error: WARNING: Unable to add category relation for categories with ID's: (new: , old: 341) and (new: , old: 144). Reason: Column 'CategoryID' cannot be null
Import error: WARNING: Unable to add category relation for categories with ID's: (new: , old: 192) and (new: , old: 314). Reason: Column 'CategoryID' cannot be null
Import error: WARNING: Unable to add category relation for categories with ID's: (new: , old: 312) and (new: , old: 176). Reason: Column 'CategoryID' cannot be null
Import error: WARNING: Unable to add category relation for categories with ID's: (new: , old: 417) and (new: , old: 394). Reason: Column 'CategoryID' cannot be null
Import error: WARNING: Unable to add category relation for categories with ID's: (new: , old: 335) and (new: , old: 416). Reason: Column 'CategoryID' cannot be null
Import error: WARNING: Unable to add category relation for categories with ID's: (new: , old: 379) and (new: , old: 432). Reason: Column 'CategoryID' cannot be null

NOTE: You must run Repair Tables and Repair Search after performing an import!

Data has been successfully import/exported!