Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

problem in added one colum in link table

Quote Reply
problem in added one colum in link table
HI all.

I wonder weather any one use latest release of links?

I have add a new link field, and column has been added in mysql table, while when i try to act as a user to submit the data, the data submission is ok. while the data is never be added into the db. what is the problem?

or anything i have wrongly configed? i have check the code again and again and still could not find anything abnormal. could anyone point me the problem, will be very much appreciated for the assistance.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: [courierb] problem in added one colum in link table In reply to
>>I wonder weather any one use latest release of links? <<

Hehe, quite a lot of people :)

Do you have the _exact_ column name as the field name in the add/modify forms? (include_form.html)

After adding the field did you resync the defs?
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] problem in added one colum in link table In reply to
>Do you have the _exact_ column name as the field name in the add/modify forms? (include_form.html)

Yes, i Manually edit include_form.html , and when user make submission, user could see the newly added

filed , but in admin interface when run validating, newly added field data is blank. this is the problem i have met and i have checked the column name which is the same name with field name.
Quote Reply
Can you see it in the database (column and data)?
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] problem in added one colum in link table In reply to
Thanks Paul

Do a resync is solved the problem?

However i still need to manually edit some of the template? the script will not change it all for me?
Quote Reply
No unfortunately the template editing is manual, well I don't know why I said unfortunately....I think it is better that way as it allows greater flexibility otherwise if it was auto-generated it would reset your design all the time..

Last edited by:

Paul: Apr 5, 2002, 12:02 PM