Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

please im flipping out, someone help

Quote Reply
please im flipping out, someone help
I've just moved servers. I re-installed links-sql from scratch.

Then, I uploaded the /local/ template files. After that, I uploaded my mysql db. Now when I go to "Build All" to tryu and create my 500+ directories, it doesn't build any of them, it stops on the first one. Please help. Have I moved servers in the wrong fashion? I tried to move all files over, but I had problems with Links.pm. so had to to reinstall. Please someone help.

Adam
--------------------
Scripts - Powered by Links-SQL
Quote Reply
Re: [SkuZZy] please im flipping out, someone help In reply to
OMFG, ok i think something seriously is wrong. When I go into "Build Settings" in the "Setup" part of the admin there are tons of new features i never saw before, like "build_category_columns". And also, now there is no option to set debugging in the "Build settings" part. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!! wasnt it there before? whats going on :/
--------------------
Quote Reply
Thats cos debug is held in the Setup > Misc. Options area, and not 'Build options' Wink

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
You need to let us know what happens when it stops building.

Can you turn on debugging and tell us what it says.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] please im flipping out, someone help In reply to
Paul thanks for your help. How do I turn debugging on? I put it at 1? Then what? It doesnt show anything...
--------------------
Quote Reply
Set it to 1 then start the build.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] please im flipping out, someone help In reply to
when I build, this happens:

http://www.scriptz.com/untitled.bmp (wait for it to load, its like 3mb)
--------------------
Quote Reply
As you can see, it just stops. I got over 500 directories and I need them all to build.... why isn't it building them?
--------------------
Quote Reply
Couldn't you just post the error message? 3mb is a lot for someone like me, on dial up Frown

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] please im flipping out, someone help In reply to
There is no error message :( That's why im so confused. I know this has something to do with me moving servers, cause it worked fine before. Maybe it would be good if someone could point me to the direction of docs explaining how to move links sql to another server? I thought i did everything good :(
--------------------
Quote Reply
Have you checked the paths are set currectly as per the new server?

Klaus

http://www.ameinfo.com
Quote Reply
Do you use Windows?

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] please im flipping out, someone help In reply to
On my home comp... Windows XP...

My server is FreeBSD
--------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [klauslovgreen] please im flipping out, someone help In reply to
I think I have. But after I moved the first time (I tar.gz all my cgi-bin, then I dumped my mysql) I got 500 server cgi errors, even though all permissions were set. so I couldnt login to the admin center to check to see if paths were ok, I just had to do a new install, then I uploaded just the templates and mysql db, and now it wont let me build all. Why did it give me 500 errors? My admin said it had something to do with Links.pm.... can someone explain that to me?
--------------------
Quote Reply
Well now imgetting this error after re-uploading files when I try to access the admin center:

A fatal error has occured:
Links::Config (50125): Unable to load '/home/scriptz/public_html/cgi-bin/admin/Links/ConfigData.pm': No such file or directory. at Links.pm line 66.

Please enable debugging in setup for more details.
--------------------
Quote Reply
What does it mean when it says this:

Skipping Detailed Build (disabled).

........ how do I enable "detailed build"
--------------------
Quote Reply
Well, is anyone willing to help me move my site? I can pay money $ through paypal. I just need this moved and i guess nothing around here gets done for free. MSG me on AIM = acidrush16 if you're interested. I have SSH on the new server, not on the old server. Everything on the old server = working perfectly, I just dont know how to move it... sigh.
--------------------
Quote Reply
Quote:
Skipping Detailed Build (disabled).

Means that you have set it up not to build pages - ie. run in dynamic mode.

Klaus

Quote Reply
Ok, well I fixed that, but it does the samer thing as before.

Ok, im starting over now. I think I know the way to get this working. Can someone pleaseeeee answer this very important question for me. Where do I edit the paths for stuff? Like, where do I set the path for "{admin_root_path}"......... what file is it in?
--------------------
Quote Reply
Can't you get into admin and change it there?

Klaus

Quote Reply
No, I can't get into the admin... i'm getting 500 permission errors. See for yourself, http://www.scriptz.com/cgi-bin/admin/admin.cgi - I've got all permissions set correctly, I tar.gz them from my old server to my new one. My admin said its something to do with Links.pm, and im assuming that its a problem with paths or something? I really wish tech support actually visited these forums. Maybe ill just call them tommorow on the phone... but does anyone know how to change the paths manually?
--------------------
Quote Reply
Seems to be your paths - I don't get error 500 - I got the following:
Code:
A fatal error has occured:

Links::Config (65945): Unable to load '/home/scriptz/public_html/cgi-bin/admin/Links/ConfigData.pm': No such file or directory. at Links.pm line 66.

Please enable debugging in setup for more details

Tech support does go through the forum and you will get an answer here - but I think you should drop GT a line to get it sorted quickly

Klaus

Quote Reply
1)
Quote:
As you can see, it just stops. I got over 500 directories and I need them all to build.... why isn't it building them?
Unfortunately on Windows, using Activestate Perl, sometimes turning debugging on hangs perl.exe, therefore the build process, too. It's caused, when more than 4096 bytes are printer out to STDERR.
It's a Perl bug.
What is your Perl build version (exact build number required)?

2)
Quote:
'/home/scriptz/public_html/cgi-bin/admin/Links/ConfigData.pm': No such file or directory
Likely your ConfigData.pm file is damaged, deleted. Try to search for it, and open it to see what it contains visually.

If damaged, or missing at all, you should get a good one, or create a fake one, by entering { } into the ConfigData.pm file, since it's a hashref.
This action may allow you to start admin.cgi, then go to Admin/Setup/Initial Setup/ and click Proceed to initialize & redo the install (but backup your config files & dabatase with sensitive data first).
This will not work for sure, but it's a possible solution.

Asking GT to check/repair your installation would be the BEST possible solution!!!

The ConfigData.pm file loss may caused if Update button is pressed more times too suddenly. Under Windows there is no file locking, even furthermore as far as I remember, for most file threatments there is no file locking implemented at all!
That's the reason, why sometimes happen ConfigData.pm file loss even under Unix...

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...