Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

notifying potential link owners

Quote Reply
notifying potential link owners
Hi,

I have a bunch of links listed under my username. I have a "claim this link" plugin (by yogi, I think) working where if someone is browsing the site and wants to claim the link, they can request to do that. I'd like to identify folk who would be likely link owners of existing links, and notify them of this function, whereby they can claim a link. Is there a plugin or a way to do this already? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: [Evoir] notifying potential link owners In reply to
Evoir wrote:
Hi,

I have a bunch of links listed under my username. I have a "claim this link" plugin (by yogi, I think) working where if someone is browsing the site and wants to claim the link, they can request to do that. I'd like to identify folk who would be likely link owners of existing links, and notify them of this function, whereby they can claim a link. Is there a plugin or a way to do this already? Thanks!

I am assuming every link in the database has proper email address, right? Then try this:

1) Under Admin Function Select "Email" from Top Menu
2) "Selected Links" from Left Menu
3) Type in user username (admin if that what you have used) in "LinkOwner" box.
4) It will then send out emails to only all the links that has "Admin" (or whatever username you used) as LinkOwner.

Hope this helps.

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------