Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

mysqldump & import

Quote Reply
mysqldump & import
Greetings All!

I have recently setup and successfully installed MySQL and LinksSQL 2.0.3, however am having the following problem.

On my live site (which is still running LinksSQL 1.13) I have done a sqldump and have copied that file to my local hard drive.

I am trying to import the tables/data etc into my 'local' database, which I want to use for testing etc, but I cannot seem to import anything.

There is something that I am obviously doing wrong, but can't work it out. I've tried importing the .def files, but get errors (obviously because they are attempting to access information that does not exist on my local mysql database).

Any ideas/solutions to my dilemna would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Clint.

--------------------------
http://www.AffiliatesDirectory.com - Affiliate Programs Directory
Quote Reply
Re: mysqldump & import In reply to
Hi,

The Links SQL 1 => Links SQL 2 import process needs both programs to be on the same machine, as Links SQL 2 needs the def files from version 1 in order to update.

What I would do is install Links SQL 2 onto your production server in a temp folder, and into a separate mysql database. Then import your version 1.x data into 2.x.

You can now mysqldump your version 2 data and play around with it on another machine easily.

Hope this helps,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.