Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

modify admin.cgi hide some fields

Quote Reply
modify admin.cgi hide some fields
hi,

how can I modify the admin.cgi in order to hide some fields from the add and search page?

thanks in advance for your answers,

Vercyb
Quote Reply
Re: [vercyb] modify admin.cgi hide some fields In reply to
Hi,

Have you tried going into Database > Links > Properties, and then select the field in question. Then, set the "Form Type" to HIDDEN.

Hope that helps Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] modify admin.cgi hide some fields In reply to
Thank you! Works fine except fro ExpirationDate,ExpiryCounted, ExpiryNotify. and i do not know why...

In Reply To:
Hi,

Have you tried going into Database > Links > Properties, and then select the field in question. Then, set the "Form Type" to HIDDEN.

Hope that helps Smile

Cheers
Quote Reply
Re: [vercyb] modify admin.cgi hide some fields In reply to
Hi,

Glad it works.

> except fro ExpirationDate,ExpiryCounted, ExpiryNotify. and i do not know why...

Thats possibly because they are system tags, and thus you can't edit them like that (they are built up, using GT::SQL I believe, so are in fact not "true" fields that can be edited).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] modify admin.cgi hide some fields In reply to
Where can I hack it?

In Reply To:
Hi,

Glad it works.

> except fro ExpirationDate,ExpiryCounted, ExpiryNotify. and i do not know why...

Thats possibly because they are system tags, and thus you can't edit them like that (they are built up, using GT::SQL I believe, so are in fact not "true" fields that can be edited).

Cheers