Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

import in 3.01 fron 2.2.0 ?

Quote Reply
import in 3.01 fron 2.2.0 ?
I have my new 3.01 installed and I want to import from 2.2.0 (I changed server also in the meantime, so this is why I can not upgrade the existing)

I mainly want to import the links database structure and the links database
(the templates & plugins are not the priority as so much has changed in the meantime)

I do "import" on the old defs files that I copied from the 2.2.0
--> error like "can't fing category.def"
--> so I rename my lsgl_category.def into category.def & did the same for all the .def in /defs
--> error Unable to open /home/..../categories.db: No such file or directory

what I am doing wrong ? Unsure from what files or directory should I import ???? what the correct method for such a reinstall from scratch ?
pleeeease anyyyyyyyy solution is more than welcome

Fabrice
Quote Reply
Re: [fff] import in 3.01 fron 2.2.0 ? In reply to
If you want to import your data from 2.x, you need to install 2.2.0 on the new server, import your data from the old server, then upgrade it to 3.0.1. That import is for importing from Links SQL 1.x.

Adrian

Last edited by:

brewt: Apr 29, 2005, 2:38 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] import in 3.01 fron 2.2.0 ? In reply to
it is possible to selectec import from 1.x but also 2.x !!!

is 2.x not working ????

Fabrice
Quote Reply
There is no 2.x to 3.x import. You must use the installer to upgrade from 2.x to 3.x.

Adrian
Quote Reply
hi Brewt,

(stange ..; in the import, it IS possible to select "import from 2.x" Tongue)

so OK, i'll do what you advise me : I will reinstall on this new server the 2.2.1

so I will have a blank 2.2.1 : what should I do then to restore my old site (I have a copy from all the site)
????

Thanks in advance
Fabrice

Fabrice
Quote Reply
That is Links 2.x, not Links SQL 2.x.

You need to install the same version on the new server (in your case 2.2.0), or upgrade your old server to 2.2.1. On the old server, go to the admin panel => Build => Import/Export => Create backup file, then restore it on the new server. Then finally upgrade to 3.0.1.

Adrian
Quote Reply
last question to be shure of what to do :

I have a copy (but non working) of all the directories of my old installation : How can I see what version was installed ??

Fabrice