Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

how to add these things for each link ?

Quote Reply
how to add these things for each link ?
Hi,

I have some questions:

1)
If a user of my search-engine has made a review of a link. How can another user read this review ?
Is it possible to include something like "read all reviews which have been made for this link" ?

I also want to include the following things into each link of my search-engine:
2)
How can I implement a link for "Refer this link to a friend" ?

3)
How can I implement a link like "Detailed View" ?

4)
How can I implement a link like "Report as bad link" ?

5)
How can I implement a link like "Discuss" (which refers the user to my Gossamer-Forum) ?

Please help !

Crazy
Quote Reply
Re: [erichcyber] how to add these things for each link ? In reply to
1) The default link.html template accommidates for this. Just have a look for something like;

<%if Review_Count%>
<%endif%>

2) You need to install the Recommend_It plugin (by pugdog), and then edit your link.html template, so that it points to the appropriate URL.

3) First of all, you need to turn on build_detailed in Setup > Build Options. Then you need to edit detailed.html to fit what you want the pages to look like. Then in link.html add a tag called <%detailed_url%>

4) Install Bad_Link by pugdog.

5) Not sure.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] how to add these things for each link ? In reply to
re: 3)

will the link to "detailed" be always there or just for LINKS which have a detailed website ?
I only want to have the link to the "detailed page" available if there IS a detailed page.
The link to "detailed page" should not be there if there is no detailed page.

Thx.

Erich
Quote Reply
Well, if you have build_detailed turned on, then it will build a detailed page for each link... so there won't be any missing detailed pages Wink

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
You could add a new field to your Links database set to 'Yes' if there is a detailed page and then you could use <%if newField eq 'Yes'%> ... link to detailed page ... <%endif%> to only display the link when there is a detailed page.