Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

get_hash problems

Quote Reply
get_hash problems
I'm finding that when the separator in the query string is a semicolon, $IN->get_hash is not working properly. I don't use semicolons but GT does when it rewrites the url for multipage searches.

The reason I know it isn't working is that I'm getting lots of error messages like this:

file 'TableName;query=whatever;isValidated=Yes;ExpiryDate=>=123.def' doesn't exist

when it should be looking for TableName.def.

This is the code I'm using:
my $args = $IN->get_hash;
my $table = $args->{'Table'};
$db = $Links::DB->table($table);

Any ideas how I can get this working without any errors?
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] get_hash problems In reply to
What exactly is the short version of what you are trying to do?
Have you tried it with "&" instead of ";" or you can't because it does it automatically?

Why don't you just use:

use Links qw/$IN $DB/;

my $table = $IN->param('Table');
my $db = $DB->table($table);

I'm guessing if $IN->get_hash isn't retrieving properly, its something more than those lines of code you posted and has nothing to do with the separator.

Just thinking out loud...

- Jonathan

Last edited by:

jdgamble: Jan 23, 2005, 6:40 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] get_hash problems In reply to
See what GT::Dumper or Data::Dumper blurts out for the $args hashref.

There may be a def file corruption somewhere.

Last edited by:

TypeR: Jan 24, 2005, 7:18 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [TypeR] get_hash problems In reply to
I can't replicate this myself - all works fine whenever I've tried it so I'm pretty certain that its not a def file problem.

I only know there's a problem because of the messages in the error log (there aren't many of them - very small percentage of the actual searches result in an error but still enough to make me want to fix it).

Maybe it could be a browser problem? I'm a bit stuck as to what else could be causing this.

Thanks for the replies.