Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
fix_302
Hi,

things are running well now so I am quite pleased so firstly thanks to everyone for your help.

I want to verify my links (I've got a DMOZ dump so there will probably be a few bad links in it) and, after having read the manual it suggests doing this via telnet.

I was abou to run it tonight but I have a few more options than page 48 of the manual explains to me so I wonder if someone could explain this to me.

Running per nph-verify.cgi --all will check all links but I have 2 loose ends.

Firstly there is also an option sort of on it's own in telnet to run --fix_302

It says "For fixing links (one of)" above that line but that is the only option. What does fix_302 actually do? will it delete bad links, leave them to be manually reviewed/taken out or something else (maybe it can magically apply a fix to them to make them work (perhaps checking and fixing spaces in the url or refinding/spidering the index pages - my most common fault seems to be spaces in urls).

Also along the same line if I run the verify all what happens next, do I then log into my control panel and take it from there.

Lastly after running either of the above will I need to rebuild changed or all (or maybe a reindex.

I'm just a bit cautious about giving myself a new bag of problems to sort out by jumping in too quickly.

Thanks in advance

Cheers
KevM