Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
few doubts
Hi,

I saw these two posts when i am searching the forums.

Quote:

You may also want to tweak your MySQL setup if you have 2 gigs of ram. Look at their my-huge.cnf sample configuration. This will greatly improve the performance of MySQL, especially on large databases.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.

Quote:

I run Links SQL and the entire DMOZ dump on two machines (web and database). Both machines are running RedHat. The web server is running Apache w/mod_perl. The database server is:

1000Mhz AMD Athlon
1.5 GB RAM
Ultra160 10k hard drives

I get all queries back in seconds. The speed also depends on the indexing method you are using (I use INTERNAL). I do a bit of tweaking (adding MySQL indexes to certain fields, etc.) I have however limited my search results to 2000 max, which helps. Oh, and I just installed this Search Cache plugin would seems to work very well:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...;;page=unread#unread

Sean

My questions are:

1. What is this my-huge.cnf? Is it a file? I searched the linkssql files. No luck.

2. How to set up Internal indexing method? In admin panel?

3. How to limit search results?

Any help would be appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: [hegu] few doubts In reply to
>>>1. What is this my-huge.cnf? Is it a file? I searched the linkssql files. No luck. <<<

I'm not sure about the others, but this file will be somewhere on your server. Its not a Links SQL config file, but a MySQL config file.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [hegu] few doubts In reply to
Quote:
3. How to limit search results?
One way is to use something like the below on your search rsult pages:

Code:
<%if nh > 25%>
Sorry we only show the first 25 pages of results
<%endif%>

Quote:
2. How to set up Internal indexing method? In admin panel?
Yes - Database > Links > Proporties and then select the indexing mothod at the end of the page

Cheers
Klaus

http://www.ameinfo.com
Quote Reply
Re: [klauslovgreen] few doubts In reply to
Thanks Andy and Klaus.Smile

I will check what you said.