Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

failed upgrade to v3.3.0

Quote Reply
failed upgrade to v3.3.0
While waiting for a response to this thread:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...to_new_host_P309878/

I figured I would try upgrading from v2.1 to v3.3 and see if I can integrate it with the site instead of trying to patch up the sadly unsupported PHP front end. Unfortunately, that didn't work either... I selected the 'upgrade' option instead of a new install and everything looked good until scrolling to the bottom of the next screen.

Performing Links SQL 2.1.1 -> 2.1.2 upgrades...
Adding table 'Sessions'...
Okay!
Links SQL 2.1.1 -> 2.1.2 upgrades performed.

Performing Links SQL 2.1.2 -> 2.2.0 upgrades...
Updating Users subclasses...
Okay!
Updating Links subclasses...
Okay!
Updating Category subclasses...
Okay!
Adding column Payment_Mode to Category table...
Okay!
Adding column Payment_Description to Category table...
Okay!
Adding column ExpiryDate to Links table...
Okay!
Adding column ExpiryCounted to Links table...
Okay!
Adding column ExpiryNotify to Links table...
Okay!
Dropping index 'valndx' from 'Links' table...
Okay!
Adding index 'expiryndx' to 'Links' table...
Okay!
Adding index 'expcntndx' to 'Links' table...
Okay!
Adding index 'valexpndx' to 'Links' table...
Okay!
Adding table 'CatPrice'...
Okay!
Adding table 'Payments'...
Okay!
Adding table 'PaymentLogs'...
Okay!
Performing required ClickTrack table recreation...
- Creating temporary storage table...
Okay!
- Copying existing data to temporary table...

Error

An error occurred:

Can't call method "fetchrow_arrayref" on an undefined value at /.../cgi-bin/links/admin/GT/SQL/Upgrade.pm line 207.

(I edited out the full path there.)

Any suggestions for what to try next? Would it be better to re-do it as a new install and then see about exporting/importing the database to work with the new format? I have the tables backed up and can easily dump what's there and reload them. This is a new install of an existing setup on a new server, so it isn't live data I'm playing with at the moment.

Dan
Quote Reply
Re: [Dan Kaplan] failed upgrade to v3.3.0 In reply to
There's an additional problem if I try a new install. The installation itself goes smoothly, but the Import utility doesn't account for prefixed table names in the old installation.

Import error: CRITICAL ERROR OCCURED: Cannot open /.../cgi-bin/links/admin/defs/category.def: No such file or directory at /.../cgi-bin/links3/admin/Links/Import/L2S2.pm line 83

Seems like a fairly big oversight with the importer! Looking at L2S2.pm's import() function, I see a couple of the hard coded table names with no prefix variable. They're not all there, though, so I don't know if it's safe (or practical) to start adding them in... Is there a better way of going about it? Rename the v2 def files so they don't have the prefix in the names? Would the db tables have to be likewise renamed to be matched? Or is there a patched importer file available?

Dan