Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

disappearing catagories in admin

Quote Reply
disappearing catagories in admin
My categories seem to dissapear in the Browse menu.

I go to: Browse > add subcatagory
subcategory "cats" added.

cats then shows up under the main folder on left.

When I leave the category browser and return, the subcat does not show up there. but when I look under Database>Category>listall all the subcatagories do show up.

how come?

Quote Reply
Re: disappearing catagories in admin In reply to
hmmm. this is still happening. Does this mean there is something wrong with our setup, or a user error? If user error: what's wrong?

Quote Reply
Is this normal?

Quote Reply
Evoir, I don't have this same problem...

Sorry, but I have to ask Smile: Did you click the arrow next to the "Home" item when you returned to the browse page? You've got to re-explode the tree every time you go back to this area.

If that isn't the problem, then I'd *guess* it's a javascript issue... (although I admit I don't know too much about JavaScript). You might want to check your browser's settings.

Hope that's of some help at least...

--

Matt Glaspie
Quote Reply
Thanks for replying Matt,

The thing is, there is no arrow, even though I have made 5 or 6 catagories, and they even show up on the main pages (not in admin)

It is weird. And if I add another category, it shows up there until I leave the page and come back, then the arrow is gone.

Gossamers did the install for me. Maybe I should email them and ask what's up.

Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Gossamers did the install for me. Maybe I should email them and ask what's up.
That would be best.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
You should have an "arrow" (actually a triangle) to the left of the Home category. When you click it, the tree expands to reveal the sub cats.

Maybe a browser issue? What are you using?

View the source of the left frame on that page and see if there are any img tags in there.

Not sure how it could be an install problem unless the images didn't get installed or something... maybe though.

Anyway, good luck.

--

Matt Glaspie
Quote Reply
I wrote to Alex and he wrote me and told me that IE on a Mac has trouble with this. Netscape worked fine. :)