Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

custom detailed and link pages

Quote Reply
custom detailed and link pages
Hi All

I know its possible to have a different/custom page for each catogory, however i was wondering if there is a way to also have custom include_link and detailed pages.

I will be running LINKS with basically 2 catogories..... Product and Company

I would like to have custom include_link and detailed pages for each, as for companies i would like to include the rate and review system however for the product catogory i would like to leave it so users can only rate or write reviews for the company catogory.

Is there a plugin or code that can acchive this.

I would really appricate any help.

Kirk

--------------------------------------------------

Life isn't like a box of chocolates ... it's more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Re: [mekro] custom detailed and link pages In reply to
Well, you can just use the link you want by including a different link.html in each category file.

The detailed page is a bit trickier, but you could then actually have each link.html load a call to page.cgi?p=detail_page_category.html different for each category.

Because you are loading a different category.html for each category, you can hard code the calls to the link.html and detailed.html similiarly.

Make sense??

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [mekro] custom detailed and link pages In reply to
Hi,

Yes, you can do this. If you put say 'yahoo' into your Category_Template field, Links SQL will use the link.html, detailed.html and subcategory.html templates from the yahoo template set, not your normal one.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] custom detailed and link pages In reply to
Hi Alex

Thanks for the reply i found the link to how to do it in the resource section and got it working.

I do have one more question and that is where can i edit the html or what ever for the title_linked i would like to change the ( : ) to an arrow image that i have.

I would really appricate any help on that.

Thanks

Kirk

--------------------------------------------------

Life isn't like a box of chocolates ... it's more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.