Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

can't register user (internal server Error)

Quote Reply
can't register user (internal server Error)
Hi Forum,

When I try to register my first user (1 for testing purpose) I get the following error on my Cobalt Raq with user.cgi only after the form is submited with login pass and email :
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Your administrator may not have enabled CGI access for this directory

of course CGI is availble as for the rest of the script -everywhre on the site-

What I've tried without success :

-turn nph-header to on (was previously off)-->same result + I can't build anymore ; so put it back to off

-sendmail is working OK as I can send email to a testlist and works

-I tested all scripts in the installed directory by accessing them directly (strange in that directory there is no default index.html page so everyone see all ... Shocked) so on the same dir :

add.cgi browser.cgi jump.cgi modify.cgi page.cgi page.php rate.cgi review.cgi search.cgi suscribe.cgi are working

Same error as previous : ChangeInfo.cgi (but maybe should not be called directly)

so please any clue ... as without users is linksSQL not so friendly Unsure

???

thanks

Fabrice
Quote Reply
Re: [fff] can't register user (internal server Error) In reply to
Please locate the error in your error log.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] can't register user (internal server Error) In reply to
you're right here is the log :

Malformed header from script. Bad header=Can't locate object method "ne: /usr/cgiwrap/cgiwrap

and again it is with nph_headers = No but gives the same error log with = On except that in that case I also can't do the Build

any idea Paul or other Gurus ???

Fab
Quote Reply
Do you have any plugins installed?

The error (though I can only see part of it) is saying the method "new" can't be found in a module. I remember others having this error relating to a plugin as FileHandle.pm wasn't called in a plugin module.

Last edited by:

Paul: Apr 21, 2003, 2:35 AM
Quote Reply
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...g=FileHandle;#216869
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] can't register user (internal server Error) In reply to
Paul, You're right !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cool

I removed the EmailChecker plugin and it works !!!!!!!

I followed your advise "Beware that the plugin has several other issues" it the thread you suggested me to view

my questions now :

Why is that plugin still available for all users ?????

please no answer like "not supported" or "at your own risk" ....

of course I agree GT is not liable for third parties plugins but when you know there is issues ....

suggestion : could'nt you add a row in the plugin description table where YOU give some info/technical comments on the plugin submitted by others ???

bye

thanks again (do you remember all threads in this forum ? Tongue )

Fabrice

Last edited by:

fff: Apr 21, 2003, 2:51 AM