Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

can't delete Categories [:(]

Quote Reply
can't delete Categories [:(]
Hi Everybody...

This is the biggest fan of Gossamer Writing Cool...
I am a great admirer of the firm, their products, people, and of course this Forum where everybody is helping everybody...

Therefor I also hope that you maybe can try to help me.

I have just got a reinstallment of Links SQL on a new server, but have a kind of a problem. I'm not able to delete categories from my database, but I can do just about anything else with it. I can rename, move, and edit on all other ways. just not delete.... I find that weird, and haven't seen that problem before.

it says the following..:

GT::SQL::Table (49841): Wrong argument passed to this subroutine. Usage: Could not create a condition object out of arguments. at /usr/home/bannerzone/www/cgi-bin/links/admin/GT/SQL/Table.pm line 642.

And I'm not a programmer, so I haven't got a kind of glue what that means. Unimpressed

Hope somebody does...

Thanks Smile

Last edited by:

bannerzone: Aug 26, 2002, 6:00 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [bannerzone] can't delete Categories [:(] In reply to
Does this help : http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...orum.cgi?post=204802 ???
Quote Reply
Re: [YoYoYoYo] can't delete Categories [:(] In reply to
Yes. I'm just a little afraid to make a mysql dump, because I have never done it before...

Do I choose to dump all tables, and then dump it to a file like : /www/mysqldump
Quote Reply
I have made the dump now, thanks for your help :-)
Quote Reply
I did what Aki explained. Took the dump, deleted the tables, and use sql monitor to restore them. it didn't help. Any more you think I can do?
Quote Reply
Can you turn on debug and report back what the error messages say after building? As well, try to go into Links SQL's Database panel and run a "Repair Tables" action. That may help out as well.

If I recall, I few modifications were done to your system and it might be the unlikely case they not be playing well with the rest of your system.

PS. it wasn't my idea, btw, it was YoYoYoYo's idea Wink He probably had a problem with his mysql indexes and the mysql dump solution is the cleanest way to handle that issue.
Quote Reply
Re: [Aki] can't delete Categories [:(] In reply to
Hi Aki...

I have made a repair tables. It repaired one category that had 4 links, but should have 5. I tryed to delete a category again, but I couldn't.

What modifications do you mean that were done to my system?

When I build my pages I don't get an error, it's only when I try to delete category. I can do anything else with the category, rename, move and so on. but it's like that it just won't get out of my system, that The category ID like my databases so much, and won't get out Wink

The output when deleting in Debug mode is the following:

-------------------------------------------

A fatal error has occured:
GT::SQL::Table (35930): Wrong argument passed to this subroutine. Usage: Could not create a condition object out of arguments. at /usr/home/bannerzone/www/cgi-bin/links/admin/GT/SQL/Table.pm line 642.

Please enable debugging in setup for more details.Stack Trace======================================Links (35930): Links::environment called at /usr/home/bannerzone/www/cgi-bin/links/admin/Links.pm line 430 with no arguments.Links (35930): Links::fatal called at GT::Base::error line 360 with arguments (GT::SQL::Table (35930): Wrong argument passed to this subroutine. Usage: Could not create a condition object out of arguments. at /usr/home/bannerzone/www/cgi-bin/links/admin/GT/SQL/Table.pm line 642. ).Links (35930): GT::Base::error called at /usr/home/bannerzone/www/cgi-bin/links/admin/GT/SQL/Table.pm line 642 with arguments (GT::SQL::Table=HASH(0x848e5ec), BADARGS, FATAL, Could not create a condition object out of arguments.).Links (35930): GT::SQL::Table::delete called at GT::SQL::Table::_do_opt line 2158 with arguments (GT::SQL::Table=HASH(0x848e5ec), HASH(0x849221c)).Links (35930): GT::SQL::Table::_do_opt called at GT::SQL::Table::_delete_cond line 2192 with arguments (Links::Category=HASH(0x8369454), cascade, HASH(0x849221c), lsql_Cat_Ad).Links (35930): GT::SQL::Table::_delete_cond called at /usr/home/bannerzone/www/cgi-bin/links/admin/GT/SQL/Table.pm line 662 with arguments (Links::Category=HASH(0x8369454), GT::SQL::Condition=HASH(0x8440418), cascade).Links (35930): GT::SQL::Table::delete called at /usr/home/bannerzone/www/cgi-bin/links/admin/Links/Category.pm line 151 with arguments (Links::Category=HASH(0x8369454), 5).Links (35930): Links::Category::_plg_delete called at /usr/home/bannerzone/www/cgi-bin/links/admin/Links/Category.pm line 116 with arguments (Links::Category=HASH(0x8369454), HASH(0x8117f48)).Links (35930): Links::Category::__ANON__ called at /usr/home/bannerzone/www/cgi-bin/links/admin/GT/Plugins.pm line 91 with arguments (HASH(0x8117f48)).Links (35930): GT::Plugins::dispatch called at /usr/home/bannerzone/www/cgi-bin/links/admin/Links/Category.pm line 116 with arguments (GT::Plugins, /usr/home/bannerzone/www/cgi-bin/links/admin/Plugins, delete_category, CODE(0x8117fc0), HASH(0x8117f48)).Links (35930): Links::Category::delete called at GT::SQL::Admin::delete_records line 678 with arguments (Links::Category=HASH(0x8369454), HASH(0x8117f48)).Links (35930): GT::SQL::Admin::delete_records called at /usr/home/bannerzone/www/cgi-bin/links/admin/GT/SQL/Admin.pm line 121 with arguments (Links::Admin=HASH(0x805bccc)).Links (35930): GT::SQL::Admin::process called at ./admin.cgi line 78 with arguments (Links::Admin=HASH(0x805bccc), db, GT::SQL=HASH(0x8292318), cgi, GT::CGI=HASH(0x81b1bd8)).Links (35930): main::db_request called at ./admin.cgi line 56 with no arguments.Links (35930): main::main called at ./admin.cgi line 24 with no arguments.System Information======================================Perl Version: 5.00503Links SQL Version: 2.1.1DBI.pm Version: 1.15Persistant Env: mod_perl (0) SpeedyCGI (0)GT::SQL::error = GT::SQL::Table (35930): Wrong argument passed to this subroutine. Usage: Could not create a condition object out of arguments. at /usr/home/bannerzone/www/cgi-bin/links/admin/GT/SQL/Table.pm line 642.@INC = /usr/home/bannerzone/www/cgi-bin/links/admin /usr/libdata/perl/5.00503/mach /usr/libdata/perl/5.00503 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i386-freebsd /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005 .CGI INPUT======================================1-ID => 5Full_Name => Free Membershipdb => Categorydelete => 1do => delete_recordsCGI Cookies======================================ADCYCLE_LOGIN => admin|6559805|ENVIRONMENT======================================AUTH_TYPE => BasicCONTENT_LENGTH => 71CONTENT_TYPE => application/x-www-form-urlencodedDOCUMENT_ROOT => /home/bannerzone/wwwGATEWAY_INTERFACE => CGI/1.1GT_TMPDIR => /usr/home/bannerzone/www/cgi-bin/links/admin/tmpHTTP_ACCEPT => image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, application/vnd.ms-excel, application/msword, application/vnd.ms-powerpoint, application/x-gsarcade-launch, */*HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING => gzip, deflateHTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE => daHTTP_CACHE_CONTROL => no-cacheHTTP_CONNECTION => Keep-AliveHTTP_COOKIE => ADCYCLE_LOGIN=admin|6559805|HTTP_HOST => www.mysearchcop.comHTTP_REFERER => http://www.mysearchcop.com/cgi-bin/links/admin/admin.cgiHTTP_USER_AGENT => Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.5; Windows 98; H010818)MAILHOST => mysearchcop.comPATH => /sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/bin:/binQUERY_STRING => REMOTE_ADDR => 80.196.166.101REMOTE_HOST => 80.196.166.101REMOTE_USER => adminREQUEST_METHOD => POSTREQUEST_URI => /cgi-bin/links/admin/admin.cgiSCRIPT_FILENAME => /home/bannerzone/www/cgi-bin/links/admin/admin.cgiSCRIPT_NAME => /cgi-bin/links/admin/admin.cgiSERVER_ADMIN => bannerzone@mysearchcop.comSERVER_NAME => www.mysearchcop.comSERVER_PORT => 80SERVER_PROTOCOL => HTTP/1.1SERVER_SOFTWARE => Zeus/4_1VSERVER_NAME => bannerzone Hope that it makes sense to you, because it doesn't for me.... Bent
Quote Reply
Hi Bent,

Mind sending me login information to your site?

Regards
Aki
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
... Took the dump, deleted the tables, and use sql monitor to restore them ...
Did you run Resync Database after that?
Quote Reply
yes....and it didn't help... But I have sent my login to Aki, So I hope that Aki maybe can find a way to fix it.

Unsure