Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

bulk moving of links

Quote Reply
bulk moving of links
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...egory%20move;#193155

Are the issues mentioned in the above post resolved?

Is it possible for GT people to provide some instructions of what fields need updating for moving links to a new category with sql queries without creating counting or other problems?

TIA
Quote Reply
Re: [Taki-x] bulk moving of links In reply to
Hi,

There is a "Repair Tables" option in Database now Smile

Also, have you looked at the "Browse" function in the admin panel? Its a very intuitive interface for moving categories/links around visually :)

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] bulk moving of links In reply to
Thank you for your reply.

Does the browser support mass moving of links? I think it supports only moving an individual link.

Do you mean that if I change the category id for a large number of links according to specific fields values, using sql commands, running "Repair Tables" after will fix all dependant fields?
Quote Reply
Hi,

Quote:
Does the browser support mass moving of links? I think it supports only moving an individual link.

Ah sorry, no.. it won't do that. As you said, its just for moving single links/jiggling categories around.

Quote:
Do you mean that if I change the category id for a large number of links according to specific fields values, using sql commands, running "Repair Tables" after will fix all dependant fields?

Exactly Smile The main fields being Has_New_Links, Number_of_Links, etc.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Thank you.
I will try and see how it goes
Quote Reply
To come back on this, the sql query should be:

Code:

UPDATE CatLinks SET CategoryID='[the_new_categoryid]' WHERE CategoryID=[old_categoryid];

and then run Repair Tables.

Is this going to bulk move the links from old_category to new_category and update all related values without problems?
Quote Reply
Hi,

Quote:
Is this going to bulk move the links from old_category to new_category and update all related values without problems?

Yeah :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk