Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

build under mod_perl

Quote Reply
build under mod_perl
I am experiencing some weird behaviour of the build functions under mod_perl:

1) When I run "Build All" or "Build Changed", then the script sometimes builds "What's New" pages for all dates where links have been added, i.e. it will mark all links in the database as new. Sometimes, it will build just fine and only mark links that have been added in the last 30 days as new (as I have set it up).

2) Sometimes, all the detailed pages are build with "Build All" or "Build Changed", and sometimes only the ones where things have changed.

Any ideas what could be wrong? I have all plugin hooks disabled, and I have removed the "plugin.cfg" file, so it shouldn't be a plugin that does this...

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] build under mod_perl In reply to
Hi,

Can you confirm it's only under mod_perl? i.e. if you run nph-build.cgi from shell, does it work fine everytime?

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] build under mod_perl In reply to
Hi Alex

I justed tested building from shell a few times, and it always built OK. Then I tried building under mod_perl and again all the links were flagged as new, and there were many many "New Links" pages (for all the days where links have been added since 2.5 years...). I did not disable plugins this time, though.

So it might be a mod_perl issue.

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
Very strange. Can you reproduce this consistently? If you restart the mod_perl server, does it still do it?

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] build under mod_perl In reply to
I restarted the mod_perl server, and the first "Build All" was fine. Then I did "Build Changed", and came across the problem again. Building from shell works fine, and all the "new" flags are reset to their proper values.

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
I am also running Links under mod_perl and my build changed always seems to build the whole directory. I've never noticed any problems with new links though.

Laura.
The UK High Street
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] build under mod_perl In reply to
Ooh very exciting - I finally got round to upgrading to 2.1.1 because I found that unvalidated links were showing up in my searches and now my build changed is working for the first time!