Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

build error : Can't call method "parent_ids"

Quote Reply
build error : Can't call method "parent_ids"
hi,

I finally made the install ,

when I buid it says
A fatal error has occured:
Can't call method "parent_ids" on an undefined value at [..] (hidden) /cgi-bin/admin/Links/Table/Category.pm line 460.

curious. so I try to rebuild category tree, it says :
Performing this action is strongly discouraged unless advised by Gossamer Threads support staff.

OOps !

What should I do ?

Thankx, Mitia

debugg error :
============================

Building HTML Pages: Building All Links.

Gossamer Links is now converting your entire directory into a series of HTML pages.

Started at Wed Dec 3 12:29:25 2008.

Creating backup file... skipped

Resetting hits and rates...
Done (1.00s)

Updating new flags...

A fatal error has occured:
Can't call method "parent_ids" on an undefined value at [..hidden...]rando.net/cgi-bin/admin/Links/Table/Category.pm line 460.

Please enable debugging in setup for more details.

Stack Trace
======================================
Links (28738): Links::environment called at [..hidden...]rando.net/cgi-bin/admin/Links.pm line 750 with no arguments.
Links (28738): Links::fatal called at [..hidden...]rando.net/cgi-bin/admin/Links/Table/Category.pm line 460 with arguments
(Can't call method "parent_ids" on an undefined value at [..hidden...]rando.net/cgi-bin/admin/Links/Table/Category.pm line 460.
).
Links (28738): Links::Table::Category::parents called at Links::Build::build_new_flags line 940 with arguments
(Links::Table::Category=HASH(0x857b478), 2).
Links (28738): Links::Build::build_new_flags called at [..hidden...]rando.net/cgi-bin/admin/GT/Plugins.pm line 133 with arguments
(HASH(0x8326c7c)).
Links (28738): GT::Plugins::dispatch called at [..hidden...]rando.net/cgi-bin/admin/Links/Build.pm line 30 with arguments
(GT::Plugins=HASH(0x832d078), build_new_flags, CODE(0x83f51f0), HASH(0x8326c7c)).
Links (28738): Links::Build::build called at [..hidden...]rando.net/cgi-bin/admin/nph-build.cgi line 727 with arguments
(new_flags, HASH(0x8326c7c)).
Links (28738): main::_build_new_flags called at [..hidden...]rando.net/cgi-bin/admin/nph-build.cgi line 83 with no arguments.
Links (28738): main::build_all called at [..hidden...]rando.net/cgi-bin/admin/nph-build.cgi line 58 with no arguments.
Links (28738): main::main called at [..hidden...]rando.net/cgi-bin/admin/nph-build.cgi line 42 with no arguments.

GT::SQL::error = No tree object exists for table 'lsql_Category'. Create a tree first with $editor->add_tree

Last edited by:

mimilamite: Dec 3, 2008, 3:39 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [mimilamite] build error : Can't call method "parent_ids" In reply to
Hi,

Mmm.. sounds like you have a messed up glinks_Category structure (one or more of your categoires are missing their parents categories, or something). GT may need to fix that (have you done anything recently?)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] build error : Can't call method "parent_ids" In reply to
I installed from new instead of upgrade, then in sql setup selected old database.

I am worried because the hosting I have is not responding, And on a shared server I also have I can't install the cgi scripts because they don't allow it.
I have to rent a dedicated server and I didn't think about it when I bought the script, it's too expensive.

So I'm trying to stay with the one I have, but there are problems everywhere.

Mitia
<br>
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
http://www.rando.net/eng, the french trekking directory
Quote Reply
Hi,

So you setup a new install of GLinks, and then copied the data over from your older version?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
that's it

Mitia
<br>
Quote Reply
Hi,

Thats where your problem is then ;)

The upgrade script does a lot more than just install the new files. It also performs database upgrades.

If you want. I could probably sort this out for you (install a version the same as your old version, then copy the database - and finally do the upgrade) - if you could do it yourself, you would save the cost of me doing it :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
thanks andy, i think I'll manage the re-install,
I tried not to upgrade because of upgrade problems. But I'll try it again.

Thanks for your help.

Mitia
<br>