Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

bookmarks - how do they work?

Quote Reply
bookmarks - how do they work?
Some questions regarding bookmarks.
- where are bookmarks stored? Locally (e.g. in cookies) or in the database with the user profile?

- what is a "public" bookmark? Who can see public bookmarks and how do they see them? I assume default bookmarks can only be seen by the owner of them?
Quote Reply
Re: [kerbouchard2] bookmarks - how do they work? In reply to
Hi,

Bookmarks are stored in the glinks_Bookmark_Links table.

Quote:
what is a "public" bookmark? Who can see public bookmarks and how do they see them? I assume default bookmarks can only be seen by the owner of them?

I'm not 100% sure - but I think what it lets you do, is have a link to different users personal bookmarks (something like bookmark.cgi?User=xxxx, and then see a list of their pubic folders, and the listings in them).

I guess its similar to how uTube work (i.e where you can make public or private "favourites", and then when people click on your profile, it shows your list of public "bookmarked" links, to help other people find links that you also found helpful :))

Hope that helps (apologies if my last explanation is pretty rubbish - I haven't really played with the public folder stuff much)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!