Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

bold results

Quote Reply
bold results
Hi,

I have set search_bold to yes but my results do not highlight in bold.

I have looked in old posts for highlight results, bold results, search_bold but didn't come up with anything, am I the only person who gets this problem or, by using loop_results along the way in developing, this has it forced it off.

Does anyone know how to turn it on bar the obvious admin>build>search options page which isn't doing anything

I've studies links.html but there is no obvious forced formatting to turn it off, also the same for category.html.

I also checked out body_font global (and all the other come to it) but nothing obvious.

I can't see that css is troubling it as it is not a link but a word.

How does links SQL enable the bolding of search terms in the resuls, can anyone throw any light on this or is it a bug?

rgds

KevM

Cheers
KevM
Quote Reply
Re: [KevM] bold results In reply to
It should work. What version are you using, 2.1.2?

It does a simple 'regex' to replace the charachters...

i.e.

$results =~ s,\Q$query,<b>$query</b>,gi;

Please note, the above is not the actual code from LinksSQL, I just made it up, to show how it would be done.

Do you have mod_perl enabled? That can sometimes cause 'caching' problems, which would mean that your changes are not taking effect, even though they would do after a mod_perl restart.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
I seem to remember that this is a problem with using loops.
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] bold results In reply to
Hi,

thanks for the replies

Quote:

<Andy>> mod_perl enabled?

I don't honestly know, Links SQL works or it doesn't, as it does I can't say any more than that

Quote:
<<afinlr>> this is a problem with using loops

Is there a fix for this floating around or is it just unresolved. I'll post directly to Gossamer to see if they have something on this. Searching posts didn't throw up anything obvious.

cheers
Kevin

Cheers
KevM
Quote Reply
Hi,
I'm pretty sure I posted a hack awhile back for this.

guess not, it was for HIGHLIGHTING on the detail page.

http://gossamer-threads.com/...search_engine#240793

but you might be able to use this to pass the loop variable value through the bolding code.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.

Last edited by:

pugdog: Mar 29, 2004, 5:53 AM