Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

admin browse - moving subcategory path error

Quote Reply
admin browse - moving subcategory path error
in the admin browse feature, if i select a category and then click on move, then click on the category on the left in the tree where i want it to go, it moves there, and it shows all the subcategories of it moving too.

However, when I then go to Build/ Build All, it shows that it rebuilds all ok, but the links and categories that were subcategories of the recently moved parent categories, still show all the old category paths and actually build with all the old category paths.

Any idea how to fix this? Should I do a 'Rebuild Cat Tree'?
Quote Reply
Re: [yo Huge] admin browse - moving subcategory path error In reply to
it looks like just the path is not updating in the database field Full_Name in the mysql table links_Category whenever you move categories via the admin Browse funcion. As a fix, could I just do a find/replace to change all the category path names in this field? Or is there some easier way?
Quote Reply
disregard - fixed Full_Name fields with phpmyadmin and rebuilt cat tree
Quote Reply
Been a long time since I worked on GLinks, however if I recall correctly, I believe you need to:

1) Repair Cat. Tree (and/or tables).. just do both. (its under 'Database' in top horizontal menu)

Hope this helps.

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [VishalT] admin browse - moving subcategory path error In reply to
yeah, apparently Links doesn't like it if from the admin Browse feature, you rename categories ( ones that have subcategories ) and then move them. It messes up the Full_Name field. So you should move them first, then rename them. All is working ok now though
Quote Reply
Sorry, missed this post. Yeah, you would need to manually fix Full_Name, OR you could have used my Rebuild_Full_Name plugin :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!