Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

adding more fields to the sign up form?

Quote Reply
adding more fields to the sign up form?
Could someone please tell me, or direct me to a post explaining how to add more fields to my sign up form. Do I need to add tables to the mysql db manually for this? I could use some help as to how the whole process is done. Thanks.

Adam
--------------------
Scripts - Powered by Links-SQL
Quote Reply
Re: [SkuZZy] adding more fields to the sign up form? In reply to
To add fields to your signup form, I think you mean that you want to add fields to the User information. To do that, you would go to the Database option in the Links SQL Administration, and then select Users and Properties at the top left side of the page in the editor box and hit the Go button. Then scroll down to the bottom the Edit Users Table Definition[/url] page and click on the Add Column link. Then you can add the information for the new field you would like to add and press the Add Field to Users button. After you've added the new field(s), you can then put them on the signup_form.html template with a tag that has the new field name <%new_field_name%>. (If you meant that you wanted to add fields to the link information, you would do the same thing, but start by selecting Links and Properties...)

Also, there are more detailed instructions about this in the Links SQL manual (PDF). Look for something about 'Adding a Column'

--FrankM

Last edited by:

FrankM: Apr 2, 2003, 10:44 PM