Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Gossamer Links 3.0.0 Beta 1

(Page 2 of 2)
> >
Quote Reply
Re: [gotze] Gossamer Links 3.0.0 Beta 1 In reply to
Thanks, I've spent over 2 months working on these templates (it's extremely boring work so it probably took longer than it should have) and there's still a few CSS issues that I need to work out (and of course I'm putting off since they'll be a real pain to get around).

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Gossamer Links 3.0.0 Beta 1 In reply to
Hehe, once I did that mistake, too Wink
It was a funny when I debugged out, that I forgot to turn off compression for emails Cool

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
I installed everything from right from the Shell, and the installation was successful, now I want to log into the admin area, via this URL : http://www.dickcraver.com/...inks/admin/admin.cgi
As you can see, I get this error for I don't know why :
A fatal error has occured:
Links::Config (4102): Unable to compile '/var/www/cgi-bin/links/admin/Links/Config/Data.pm': No such file or directory. at Links.pm line 101.
Please enable debugging in setup for more details.

suggestion?Blush

Quote Reply
Re: [archer] Gossamer Links 3.0.0 Beta 1 In reply to
Check your paths. Is www/cgi-bin a corrct path on your server?

Quote Reply
An update to the compress e-mail bug has been added. Check your admin's update page.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] Gossamer Links 3.0.0 Beta 1 In reply to
In Reply To:
Likely in beta stage, we are not allowed to download plugins, to get clean beta reports.

Access to the plugins area does appear to have been disabled but you can still install plugins from a local file.

For the record, I have tried the Auth_vBulletin plugin using vBulletin 3.0.7 and version 3 beta and it works nicely, except the template logic is a bit out of whack when it comes to working out if users are logged in etc.
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] Gossamer Links 3.0.0 Beta 1 In reply to
I found the reason, why I wan't able to install LSQL v2.99beta, and why MySQL v4.1 was crashed.
Check here how to solve the MySQL crash problem:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...i?post=278368#278368

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Will the Beta version "upgrade" to the release version when it is released?

I ask because I have a relatively new install of 2.x and concidering the problems I am having with multiple link templates, I am concidering making backups of everything and just going "live" with the beta.

I am assuming that Multiple link templates will work in 3.0?

I am ready to start installing a few plugins, i.e. ContactPage, Remote counter, and SearchFeed.
Should I get all this stuff working in 2.x and then upgrade, or upgrade my 'live' install and then work on plugins.

No guts... no glory Smile

Any comments before I jump ship on 2.x?

Chris
RGB World, Inc. - Software & Web Development.
rgbworld.com
Quote Reply
Re: [rgbworld] Gossamer Links 3.0.0 Beta 1 In reply to
Andy's ContactPage and Recommend_It plugins work just fine with glinks3 beta. Just thought i should post this. Hey Andy, hope you are watching this thread :)

Just in case you have more than 25 links in your database, and access your site in static mode, just check the following:

Access the site (after a fresh build with glinks3 beta) in static mode.
Search for any word which you think would list more than 25 in search results.
Try to jump to page 2/3/4 or whatever from that drop down javascript menu and see if it gives a 404 error. At least i am getting that error. Search results page drop down navigation menu fails when the site is accessed in static mode. I am just waiting for a fix to this before moving ahead to upgrade the live site with glinks3 beta...

Thanks
HyTC
==================================
Mail Me If Contacting Privately Is That Necessary.
Quote Reply
Re: [HyperTherm] Gossamer Links 3.0.0 Beta 1 In reply to
I will try your test when I get the beta installed. I only have 22 items, but my build_links_per_page is set to 5, so this will give me more pages. I really only use dynamic mode, so it is a non-issue for me.

I am waiting to hear if the beta will upgrade before I do the install. I am currently backing everything up.

Chris

RGB World, Inc. - Software & Web Development.
rgbworld.com
Quote Reply
Re: [rgbworld] Gossamer Links 3.0.0 Beta 1 In reply to
Hi

In that case perhaps you would need to change the Admin>Setup >Search for the test. By default Search setup has 25 as the value.

I really do not know if it was an issue with glinks3 installer, as during upgrading from 2.2 to 3.0 beta (with actual data but not on live site) all custom columns added to defaulted to text ... i mean custom ENUM Textarea column types which were added to 2.2. Why i say that i do not know is unfortunately i did not check before running the beta 3 installer and i feel toooo lazy redoing the whole thing .... dropping test db, importing the db, doing 2.2 install, check for db and then upgrade.

Thanks
HyTC
Mail Me If Contacting Privately Is That Necessary.
Quote Reply
Re: [HyperTherm] Gossamer Links 3.0.0 Beta 1 In reply to
Quote:
Try to jump to page 2/3/4 or whatever from that drop down javascript menu and see if it gives a 404 error.0

Well, I don't even get the "
drop down javascript menu". I have basically rewritten all the templates in 2.x, so I will need to study the new templates and see what needs updating in my local templates. I am almost afraid to look.

For now I am going back to dynamic mode. Sorry I couldn't do a better job of your test. I do not get any errors in static mode with jumping to pages. Install went perfect. I notice this in the Admin though...

The <%VERSION%> tag is displaying the tag, not its value. Maybe because beta

In Setup: Environment...

System Information
======================================
Gossamer Links version: <%VERSION%>

Also in Module Environment...
/var/www/cgi-bin/links/admin/Links.pm Links <%VERSION%>

Chris

RGB World, Inc. - Software &amp; Web Development.
rgbworld.com
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
where do you edit the .css file?
The css file is located in build_root_url/static. Note that you should be editing the custom.css file for any custom changes, since the core.css file will be overwritten in upgrades.

Will this editable from the admin panel? I was looking for a link from build or in the template set, that would be more intuitive and easier to keep track of.
Post deleted by rgbworld In reply to
> >