Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Yahoo syle subcatagories

Quote Reply
Yahoo syle subcatagories
On our home page I am adding Yahoo style subcatagories on our home page. We are place basic link code in the description. The problem I am have is with alignment and font. After doing a build it looks like this.

Mexican Food
Tacos
Buritos
ETC

I dont like the subs shifted to the right like this. How can I adjust this? Also How can I control the font.
American Home Inspector Directory
Quote Reply
Re: [lizardlips] Yahoo syle subcatagories In reply to
I need to know how to edit the indentation of the description. I am using it for subcatagories and it is placing the subcatagories indentation from the main catagory by at least 5 spaces. Also any suggestions on how to create a class for the description and where to enter it?
American Home Inspector Directory
Quote Reply
Re: [lizardlips] Yahoo syle subcatagories In reply to
In Reply To:
On our home page I am adding Yahoo style subcatagories on our home page. We are place basic link code in the description. The problem I am have is with alignment and font. After doing a build it looks like this.

Mexican Food
Tacos
Buritos
ETC

I dont like the subs shifted to the right like this. How can I adjust this? Also How can I control the font.
Like everyone else, I may not be picturing what's happening here in my head, but if I were to click on Tacos in your directory, how would you expect the categories to appear in the result?

See, the problem with assigning some designation for subcategories is that the subcategory might later be considered a category of its own right in a listing, and how is the database supposed to know how the data is expected to be displayed? It simply wouldn't be right to have a field for categories, and a different field for subcategories when one expects the same data to appear in each case.

So, all the entries have to be categories, and adjustments need to be made in the template. Now, this might be just speculation, but it appears the category names in %category% might actually be "fully qualified", giving you something to test for when placing your subcategories. In my copy of Links SQL 2.0, I'd look in the categories.html template. Your mileage may differ.

Alan Frayer
Don't just read the news - make the news!
Your World News - http://yourworldnews.frayernet.com