Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

X-Authentication-Warning header

Quote Reply
X-Authentication-Warning header
Has anyone figured out a fix for this?

The virtual server my sites hosted on is adding the following line which I think is the reason Gmail flagging all my Glinks emails as spam.

X-Authentication-Warning: admin.virtualserver.com: admin3 set sender to glinks@site.com using -f

btw I've got root access to the server so should be able to fix this.

Ta

Charlie

Comedy Quotes - Glinks 3.3.0, PageBuilder, StaticURLtr, CAPTCHA, User_Edit_Profile

Last edited by:

Chas-a: May 24, 2010, 6:58 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Chas-a] X-Authentication-Warning header In reply to
Hi,

Never had this problem - but does this help?

http://www.wincent.com/.../eliminating_xau.php

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] X-Authentication-Warning header In reply to
The first result of a Google search for 'X-Authentication-Warning header' ...that must have taken you a while Wink

ffs.

Comedy Quotes - Glinks 3.3.0, PageBuilder, StaticURLtr, CAPTCHA, User_Edit_Profile

Quote Reply
haha when I get problems on stuff google is one of the first places I look. Wealth of information =)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Andy wrote:
Never had this problem

Actually I think your ultranerds validation emails are ending up in Gmails spam folder but for a different reason as there's no X-Authentication-Warning header.

Quote Reply
Ah right - thanks for the heads up. Will check into that

I'm hosted with GT, so I would imagine they have fixed up the X-Authentication-Warning header issue :)

Cheers
Quote Reply

Spoke to GT support and to fix the X-Authentication-Warning I switched to using smtp. They also suggested i setup a SPF record, which has just propagated to Gmail, and it's now reporting as passed but still gets dumped in the spam folder... swine.

Quote Reply
Mmm, not sure what to suggest :(

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk