Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Wysiwyg in Perl?

Quote Reply
Wysiwyg in Perl?
Hi!

Is there a Wysiwyg-Editor to include in LSQL, that is not based in JavaScript but in Perl?
I have searched in www.htmlarea.com yet, but almost all are in JavaScript or very expensive...
and noone in Perl...

Perhaps somebody can help me.. thanks.

Tina
Quote Reply
Re: [tga] Wysiwyg in Perl? In reply to
Try this ... i just found it and would try it later today... but it does have some js there not too sure... looks neat as compared to htmlarea... it's free i beloeve :)

http://www.fckeditor.net/demo/default.html

Thanks
HyTC
==================================
Mail Me If Contacting Privately Is That Necessary.
Quote Reply
Re: [HyperTherm] Wysiwyg in Perl? In reply to
Hi!

Thanks for your quick reply. Perhaps you can tell me after trying it, how you got around with it. Because I tried installation and it did not work (Error: Page not found, but the adress for the skript was ok). The installation is not explained for perl.

Thanks, Tina
Quote Reply
Sure i would come back once i play with it and see it work. Allow me few hours of time as i have been tired testing glinks bugs (with no coupons on offer) but would get back on this tonight my time

Thanks
HyTC
Quote Reply
Check the samples perl directory of the uncompressed archive. There are 4 samples there. I have yet not started, but perhaps samples/perl would/could hold the clue to your query/comment on perl installation documentation.

Thanks
HyTC
Quote Reply
Shabby documentation ... installation not easy as it seems unless you have an account where just about everything is allowed ... otherwise path errors always haunt.

Tested on one such a/c with the archive uncompressed at just doc root. No directory for fck created specially. sample01---o3.cgi did work. In fact copied over the sample.cgi's to the same level as sample.cgi's were looking for paths starting from where they are located despite defining paths etc in the config files. ... perhaps needs a deeper look but not a bad try to get it there on screen in about an hour...

Hre is the screenshot

:)

Thanks
HyTC

Last edited by:

HyperTherm: Mar 14, 2005, 9:46 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [HyperTherm] Wysiwyg in Perl? In reply to
I've been fooling around with FCKeditor a bit. It's driving me nuts because I can't for the life of me, figure out how to create a custom toolbar. If you do, please let me know.

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.