Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Where to change admin FROM email address?

Quote Reply
Where to change admin FROM email address?
LinkSQL Question

I want to change the email address which submission responses are sent back to users.

So instead of receiving submissions and sending notices from the same account, I want to send notices from a noreply@... address.

Can anyone tell me where in the scripts I need to change the address, so when I decline a submission the address it is sent from (with reply-to address being the same) is different (noreply@...).

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: [ryel01] Where to change admin FROM email address? In reply to
Hi ryel01,

I do not use submission and replaced the E-Mail sending but as far as I can see and remember the From: is defined in the templates.
If that does not help you probably want to check Links.pm with sub send_email.

Regards

n||i||k||o
Quote Reply
Hi,

Yes, that is correct. Just edit the From: part in the .eml templates, and hard-code it to whatever you want the outgoing emails to show.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Where to change admin FROM email address? In reply to
Hmmm... searched the templates directory and couldn't find any .eml files?

Do you know where they're located in Version: 2.2.0 ?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Ah, they may be .txt templates in that version (I think it was 3.0.4 that changed them to .eml)

The same logic goes though - just edit the "From" address in them (you can also edit them via Build > Email Templates as well)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!

Last edited by:

Andy: Oct 6, 2017, 10:32 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Where to change admin FROM email address? In reply to
Andy wrote:
The same logic goes though - just edit the "From" address in them (you can also edit them via Build > Email Templates as well) Cheers

Hi Andy,

I haven't got an "Email Templates" option under the Build menu in this version. And the email template "email-del.txt" template only deals with the body of the email not any headers.
Quote Reply
Ah ok - maybe that was added in later.

I would suggest looking in /admin/Links/User/Add.pm, and Modify.pm to find those parts then.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk