Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

What other forum software integrates with Gossamer Links and or Community?

Quote Reply
What other forum software integrates with Gossamer Links and or Community?
Hello,

We're looking to add a newer forum package than what is Gossamer Forums, and I'd love to know if there are any plugins to make any of the newer (preferably free) forum software work with Gossamer Links and or through the use of Community.

Currently, we're using Gossamer Forums but finding it a bit dated at this point compared to some of the other software we've used.

Our preference would be Simple Machines Forum (SMF) as we're quite used to administering it and making it look and behave the way we want.
2nd would be Ikonboard.

If anybody has done this, I'd love to get instructions on how to accomplish it.

Thanks,

P.S. No offense to Gossamer by the way. And I think that the current version of GossamerThreads that is running here is much nicer than the version we have running on our website. And we're not trying to look a gift horse in the mouth since they allow us to use it for free since we are not a business or making money from our site. I don't know if that will continue or not, nor when the new version will be available so it would be best for us to use simple machines forum or ikonboard if at all possible.

Last edited by:

Westin: Apr 22, 2009, 3:30 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Westin] What other forum software integrates with Gossamer Links and or Community? In reply to
Hi,

Not sure to be honest - you can integrate pretty much anything into the login routines of GCommunity, but there are no plugins about that I know of that do that I'm afraid.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!