Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

What file to Edit to Modify Admin Add Listing Form

Quote Reply
What file to Edit to Modify Admin Add Listing Form
Can anyone tell me what File do I need to modify if I want to customize Editors view of Add Link Form?

I notice that it is browser_link_add_form.html for editors, however I want to be able to edit actual link properties settings, so certain won't be shown to editors. So any idea, on where do I edit the html page, so that chosen group of editors won't be shown certain fields (for example, Hits, Expire Date, Votes) ..

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [SWDevil.Com] What file to Edit to Modify Admin Add Listing Form In reply to
The form is generated in the code, so there's no easy way of changing this behaviour. Take a look at Links/Browser.pm, in particular where it the "hide" option for where it generates the form.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] What file to Edit to Modify Admin Add Listing Form In reply to
Hi Adrian,

How about a feature suggestion:

1) New default user property... say .. user_access, with checkbox options, so admin can add/edit/delete options as desire.

2) This options can be considered as user group.

3) While setting up link, category & review properties, there can be another default field, say.. "Editor View field" .. this can also be same checkbox field.

How would this work.
For example, there is a field called "Cost" and I do not wish for editors to even view this field, then I simply need to update the link properties, and uncheck that usergroup, So when editor will login, they will only see/edit fields, which admin wanted them to see.

-----------------------

If you can look into this feature at your convenience it would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------