Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

What do you use LSQL For?

Quote Reply
What do you use LSQL For?
Hello Everyone,

I have been browsing around the forums and was just wondering what LSQL users are using it for? Are you using it for a search engine only or have you built something custom like a classifieds or real estate listing site?

I'm just wondering because the majority of the sites listed for those using it are for search engine only types of sites. I'd just like to see some other custom designs..

If you will, Post a link to your site so we can check it out..

Thanks for your time,
Chris
Quote Reply
Re: [spindiggy] What do you use LSQL For? In reply to
Well, basically anything Cool

Just a few things I have turned LinksSQL into;

Image Gallery
Classifieds System
Yellow Pages
Search Engines (directories)
Small compilations of useful resources (i.e very targeted resources... such as clipart sites, university listings, a wedding site, etc).

Just a few ideas to think on. The posabilities are endless really... ;-)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] What do you use LSQL For? In reply to
I use it for a news directory/content management...

Probably the best example of the full power and flexibility of Links is, I believe klauslovgreen's site, ameinfo.com. One of the best, well designed links site I have seen. (Wink I am not affiliated with his site therefore this is not a shameless plug!), just a great site...

</not a clue>
Quote Reply
Re: [Dinky] What do you use LSQL For? In reply to
I use it for a news directory, search engine and dvd reviews section. It's all been customized, you can take a look at it if you like. Warning. It's adult oriented material.

Michael Carpenter

Adult DVD Links
Adult Detective
Quote Reply
Re: [spindiggy] What do you use LSQL For? In reply to
A scripts directory that gets about million + page views every month (in about 1 year, we are expecting it to be more than 3.5 million)

Also, Links SQL can be pratically used for almost any kind of content, and it is in a way only limited to the imigination of the user.

Vishal Thakkar

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------