Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

What's the difference between <%next_span%> and <%next%>?

Quote Reply
What's the difference between <%next_span%> and <%next%>?
Hello!

What's the difference between <%next_span%> and <%next%> (search results template)?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: [Payooo] What's the difference between <%next_span%> and <%next%>? In reply to
Just working with these, so I have a bit clue about it.
So as I remember:
- <%next%> is the url on next page
- <%next_span%> is the altavista style page span toolbar which is displayed on each page, if there are more pages, and span option is turned on

The <%next_span%> tag name is inappropiate, so I plan to change this in my under development Extended link plugin.
I think the <%span_toolbar%> tag name will describe better the function of the tag.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] What's the difference between <%next_span%> and <%next%>? In reply to
Thanks webmaster33 Wink

So, is it safe to remove <%next%>?
Quote Reply
Re: [Payooo] What's the difference between <%next_span%> and <%next%>? In reply to
Try it out, you will see if you miss something... Wink
(otherwise the answer is, depends on what you want)

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...