Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Weird Search Problems

Quote Reply
Weird Search Problems
Hi:

I am having some really weird search problems. Items that are DEFINITELY in my database are not showing up in search at all. Yes, I have rebuilt search. I use INTERNAL (I think- how do you confirm?)

Anyway, as a great example, look at "The Fairly OddParents" which is a category...

A direct search, or a search on the "Title" field only does NOT return the category "The Fairly OddParents"

There are many others that are the same way... a search for "Oh Yeah! Cartoons" returns the CATEGORY Oh Yeah! Cartoons but not the entry "Oh Yeah! Cartoons"

I have made a slight mod to Search- I added a counter to count the number of times a user runs a search, and cut them off after 50 searches, but have not changed the base code...
dave

Big Cartoon DataBase
Big Comic Book DataBase
Quote Reply
Re: [carfac] Weird Search Problems In reply to
Hello

We are having the same issue with Glinks 3.1 running under internal.
Any thoughts on this..
Regards
KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory
Quote Reply
Re: [katabd] Weird Search Problems In reply to
Do you have any examples of the problem? If you do, send me admin panel access and I'll take a look.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Weird Search Problems In reply to
Hello

Thank you..

The problem is with the indexing feature, the database has to be reindexed whena new site is added before it will appear in search results.

We have set up a cron job to do this each night.
Regards
KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory
Quote Reply
Re: [katabd] Weird Search Problems In reply to
I'm sure that the database shouldn't need reindexing if you are adding the links via your site. Even if you are using a script, if you use the $db->insert method then the index is added at the same time as the link and you shouldn't need to reindex.
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] Weird Search Problems In reply to
Thank you Laura.

For some reason it is taking few hours for it to add.

I think it is the server or something related to it.

Thank you all for the help.
Regards
KaTaBd