Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Verify Links malfunction!

Quote Reply
Verify Links malfunction!
Howdy All again,

I finally got upgraded to 2.2 after playing with it for a few hours. Everything seems fine except for the verify links part. When I click on verify all (I have 3500 links), it will start but then just stop and will not give me a count at the end of the run.

I then decided to run it from the shell. nph-verify.cgi --check_all , I got the following error:

$ ./nph-verify.cgi --check_all
Links::Config (19071): Unable to compile '/home/var/www/cgi-bin/links/admin/Links/Config/Data.pm': No such file or directory. at Links.pm line 100.

Any thoughts on this?
Quote Reply
Re: [curman] Verify Links malfunction! In reply to
Sounds like your upgrade to 2.2 didn't complete properly. In 2.2, admin/Links/ConfigData.pm was moved into admin/Links/Config/Data.pm - the installer should do this for you. Try 'upgrading' your install again.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Verify Links malfunction! In reply to
Hi Brewt,

I checked and it's all there. Any other options I can try to run from the command line?
Quote Reply
So you're saying the file exists at: /home/var/www/cgi-bin/links/admin/Links/Config/Data.pm, but you're still getting that error?

There isn't really any command line options that would fix that sort of problem. If you can't figure out the problem, you can always send an email to support. Be sure to include shell login information as this problem will need shell access to debug.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Hi Adrian,

Yes to your question. I think it's an inherent path problem / mess with ensim/vHost systems. The path varies dependent on who or what process starts the script. I'm doing some more research on this.

The other question is why it dies mid way when I invoke it through the www interface. It starts fine but either does not finish or does not give me the final count when it's done. Have you had any other reports about this www problem?
Quote Reply
Ahh, yes those systems, where paths are different when run as the webuser.

Quote:
The other question is why it dies mid way when I invoke it through the www interface. It starts fine but either does not finish or does not give me the final count when it's done. Have you had any other reports about this www problem?
Perhaps your system is also configured to only allow processes to run a certain amount of time before automatically killing them.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Hi Adrain,

I guess your familiar with those systems Smile.

Well, all I can say is that under version 2.1.1 the www verify worked fine. I can't see why it should not now, unless there is something very different about the new script.
Quote Reply
One thing you might want to try is to change all the paths to be relative paths. For example, if you open up nph-verify.cgi, change the use lib '/path/to/admin' line and the Links::init('/path/to/admin') lines to be relative paths to admin.

Adrian
Quote Reply
What are you mean when you say "all the paths"? For experimental purposes I changed the two you pointed out and when run from the command line, the program does seem to go a little further but hangs at:

$ perl nph-verify-test.cgi --check_all
GT::SQL (401): Wrong argument passed to this subroutine. Usage: The defs directory '/home/virtual/sitexx/fst/var/www/cgi-bin/links/admin/defs' does not exist, or is not a directory. at /home/username/cgi-bin/mlinks/admin/GT/Delay.pm line 52.

It seems like the verify script goes to other parts of the system to get input and when it does it runs into dir conflicts. The trick to get this working (shell invoked) is to hard code all pointer to directories in the script with the right relative one.

Any other suggestions?
Post deleted by curman In reply to
Quote Reply
I am having a very hard time with the www interface for the verify function. Before upgrading to the 2.2 version, the program ran all the way to the end. I have about 3500 links. Now it seems that the program will zip through the easy verifiable links and when it hit's the slow ones it either hangs or dies. Links that were fine under the old program are now BAD. When I do a manual check the links are fine. My Links status windows shows:

Number Status
15 Could not connect
3097 OK 200
35 Found, but data resides under different URL (add a /)
35 Forbidden
51 File Not found
5 Method Not Allowed
3 Internal Error
6 Not implemented

But no clue as to what the 2 x 1 showing up are.
Anyone run into these problems?
Quote Reply
I have but I never understood what those meant. Hmm, maybe repairing tables will make them go away.
Quote Reply
I do have the same problem. hundreds of working links are shown with odd error-messages in the link-status section.

Regards,
Manu

Shopping Portal Shop-Netz.de® | Partnerprogramme | Flugreisen & Billigflüge | KESTERMEDIA e.K. | European Affiliate Marketing Forum.

Last edited by:

ManuGermany: Aug 17, 2004, 10:29 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [ManuGermany] Verify Links malfunction! In reply to
See this related post.

Rogue links under Admin > Link Status

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...rum.cgi?post=266246;

Regards

minesite

Last edited by:

minesite: Aug 17, 2004, 5:43 PM