Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Validate Sort Order v3.1

Quote Reply
Validate Sort Order v3.1
I just upgraded to v3 and I need to change the validate sort order so that the oldest links are presented first. I tried changing the Tools.pm file like so

my $sth = $db->query_sth ( {
isValidated => 'No',
mh => $mh,
nh => $nh,
sb => 'Add_Date',
so => 'ASC'
});

which worked for v2, but it doesn't seem to work in v3.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Quote Reply
Re: [Spacemanspiff] Validate Sort Order v3.1 In reply to
Upon further inspection, it appears that the sort order has been reversed, but every link waiting validation has had it's Add Date and Mod Date changed to today's date (date of upgrade).

Is this the case?
Quote Reply
ok, I think I see what's happening. On the validate links page, the Add Date is set to today's date rather than the date the site was submitted. I want to maintain the original add date (date submitted) instead of having that field set to today's date (date of review).

I'm still searching the forums but if anyone knows how to do this, I'm all ears (eyes?).

Thanks.
Quote Reply
I think this is what you want.

Code:
# Get a list of links awaiting validation.
my $sth = $db->query_sth({
isValidated => 'No',
mh => $mh,
nh => $nh,
sb => 'Timestmp',
so => 'ASC'
});

Hope this helps,

- Jonathan
Quote Reply
Re: [jdgamble] Validate Sort Order v3.1 In reply to
Using the code I pasted in my first post gets the links sorted from oldest to newest on the validate page, but the Add Date field on the validate form has been changed to the current date. I want it left as the original add date.
Quote Reply
Setup => Misc => link_validate_date => Original will keep it at the original date.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Validate Sort Order v3.1 In reply to
Laugh AAAAAHHHHHHHH Laugh

What is said was

This setting controls which date we should use for the Add Date when validating links. If this option is set to "Original," then the date that the link was submitted will be used. If "Current" is selected, then the date the link was validated will be used.

What I read was

I am the solution to your problem, but I'm far to simple. You must look at much more complicated things to get what you want. Now go beat your head against the wall some more because you love how good it feels when you stop.

I hate it when the answer is staring you in the face but you just can't see it.

Thanks guys. Blush