Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

User Validation - The second coming

Quote Reply
User Validation - The second coming
Hi,

Is there a way to auto-send a second validation notice to users that are not validated within X time? (keyed by some action such as "update validations and resend")

And if no response within X time after that second letter have a notice generated to the admin to remove the user or have a link to view and edit all non-validated users with 2 validation requests and no response in X time after second notice?

Thanks!Cool
Quote Reply
Re: [Teambldr] User Validation - The second coming In reply to
Sounds like a job for a plugin.

You could set up a cron job that sends out the second, third,... validation notice automatically, and have a link in the admin area for listing/deleting all those non-responding users.

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] User Validation - The second coming In reply to
Hi Yogi,

I think you might be right on this one. A plugin to "manage" users.

It may be a bit too early for a plugin on this though as community will change it. Hey! I wonder if this kind of management would be built into community?.....I can dream!Tongue

If not, I am sure that someone will go after this plugin after community is released.
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] User Validation - The second coming In reply to
HI Yogi,

Do you know if something like this has been done as of yet?

Thanks!

Brian
Quote Reply
Re: [Teambldr] User Validation - The second coming In reply to
FWIW I've deleted the users manually, since most of the reason for not validating is a bogus email, virtually none (I mean like maybe 1) have registered after being reminded. Just a lot of bounced emails mostly.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] User Validation - The second coming In reply to
I just sent out a reminder and had the following within 25 hours:

Dead Emails: 46%
Activations: 14%
Still Open: 40%

"Still Open" are emails sent that were not dead and that have not acted on the validation request as of yet.

So in my opinion new activations are substantial when reminded to do so.

This is on a business site though so it may be different on an entertainment site. I will be testing this on an entertainment site I have as well and see if the percentages stay close or change due to client base.

This is why I feel that a way to remind unvalidated users without intervention would be a good thing. In fact, if the reminder program created a list of dead emails to be deleted that would also add to the usefulness of the plugin.

Thanks!Wink