Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Use different category (and category template) in TITLE_LINKED on detailed pages

Quote Reply
Use different category (and category template) in TITLE_LINKED on detailed pages
Hi,

I have links that have several related categories and would like to control which category is used for the <%title_linked%> on the detail pages and which category template it uses.

For example, I have a link named "Subordinate clauses / Subordinating conjunctions" which have been assigned to the following categories:

Books/Textbooks/Oxford_Latin_Course_-_Part_1
Courses/2003_Fall/LATN1003
Studies_By_Type/Classical_Studies/Latin

I would like to be able to define which category should be prepared for <%title_linked%> on the detail pages. In this example, I want the <%title_linked%> to be the category for the class (Courses > 2003_Fall > LATN1003) and for it to use the Latin category template. Right now, it's automatically using (Studies_By_Type > Classical_Studies > Latin) for <%title_linked%> and the plain ole detail.html.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jasmine
Quote Reply
Re: [Jasmine] Use different category (and category template) in TITLE_LINKED on detailed pages In reply to
Unfortunately this is not straightforward.

The only way I can think of to do this would be if you added a new field to the Links database called MainCategory containing the name of the main category. Then you could use a global to rewrite the title_linked using the value in MainCategory. I'm not sure about how the templates work with detail pages - this bit might need a plugin.

Laura.