Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Upgrade problem: 2.0.3 > 2.0.5

Quote Reply
Upgrade problem: 2.0.3 > 2.0.5
I have upgraded from 2.0.3 to 2.0.5 but the additional fields claimed in the installation have not been added to the database. Should I add those fields manually and that's all? Also, what will happen to the Contact_Name and Contact_Email fields of the existing links in the database? Normally they should inherit the info of the owner of the link...is this supposed to be done during the upgrade?
Please could I have some feedback from GT or the veterans on this matter, because I have reverted back to 2.0.3 until I have a proper 2.0.5 upgrade running.
Note: For testing I made a clean installation of 2.0.5 and all new fields were created properly.

Quote Reply
Re: Upgrade problem: 2.0.3 > 2.0.5 In reply to
Hi
Have had the same problem here.

Regards
Abd

http://www.idleb.com
Quote Reply
Hi,

Did the program say it was adding Contact_Name and Contact_Email, or did it finish completely and not mention it at all?

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Alex,
It did finish confirming that installation has been succesfully completed, but no field was added. Not any checking for altering the database, according to the prompts in install.cgi.
I thought also of the possibilities:
1) Is it possible to make a new clean install and insert th old data from the 2.0.3 database?
2) Maybe you could suggest a modification to install.cgi to force database alteration, without checking if necessary.

System info: Linux, MySql, Perl 5.005

Quote Reply
Any news/fixing concerning this?
It seems several users have problems with the upgrade and there isn't any announcements for fixing this.
Since it seems there is a confusion to which contact mail (link owners or Contact_Email) the notifications should be send (I haven't used it since I was not able to upgrade, but from what I've read in the forum), what I think should be appropriate is to have checkboxes in the admin while validating, ie. notify link owner, notify link contact or both.

Quote Reply
I also have problems.

I have a customized 2.03 db with a lot additional fields.

How to update that the extra fields will be added to a customized db?

Michael