Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Unwanted Spanning extra pages for category?

Quote Reply
Unwanted Spanning extra pages for category?
I am trying to get rid of category results from a search_result page. Even if I deleted the display for categories manually linksql still span the empty pages for categories. I changed max hits returned to 2 for testing purpose

For example I did a search on free:

your search result returns 10 category and 3 links

I manually get rid of displaying the category so just displays your search result returns 3 links

but I got Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 instead of just pages 1 2 because links sql spun extra pages for categories found, how do I stop that???
Quote Reply
Re: [flybuzz] Unwanted Spanning extra pages for category? In reply to
Well, I guess once if I have more links than categories and I have more than few pages spanning... than the categories will just be hidden in the first 2 pages or so and won't affect the rest. buggy... there should be an option to turn category results off from search results. Frown
Quote Reply
Quote:
buggy... there should be an option to turn category results off from search results.

There is :)

You can just remove it from search_results.html, with the part about <%category%> etc.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Unwanted Spanning extra pages for category? In reply to
No that doesn't work, links sql will still span empty pages for the category display even if you remove category tag. I am not going to worry too much about it now since once you have many links, the hidden category will only takes up first 2 pages depending on how many category you have and how many links you allow links sql to span per page.

Hey Andy can you help me with the other question I posted? It's few post lower, LinksSql will print out all the pages like Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 non stop right? How do you make it so there is ... after certain pages? so 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 30 31 32 ?
Quote Reply
Mmm.. other than editing the /Links/User/Search.pm file, I don't know what else to suggest :(

Quote:
Hey Andy can you help me with the other question I posted? It's few post lower, LinksSql will print out all the pages like Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 non stop right? How do you make it so there is ... after certain pages? so 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 30 31 32 ?

It should do this already;

http://ohiobiz.com/...search.cgi?query=car

What tag are you using? How many results are you seeing? (it will only do what you are asking when there are a lot of results).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Unwanted Spanning extra pages for category? In reply to
Oh ok, I am just worried that's all. I don't have lots of links yet so that's why I am just wondering. Thanks. Smile
Quote Reply
No problem. Its always nice to see another site, where a specific feature is working (so you have peace of mind about it working).

Sorry I couldn't be much more help with the other problem.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk