Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Two needed features: May be a plug in

Quote Reply
Two needed features: May be a plug in
Hi

I think the following two features are greatly needed for the future version, or may be someone can put them together using a plug in.

1- When deleting a username from the system, there should be an opton to transfer his/her links to another Username rather than deleting them.

2- The same when deleting a category: there should be an option to transfer the links in it (and all its sub categories) to a different category rather than deleting them.
Regards
KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory
Quote Reply
Re: [katabd] Two needed features: May be a plug in In reply to
1) Thats quite easy to do via MySQLMan;

UPDATE prefix_Links SET LinkOwner = 'newowner' WHERE LinkOwner = 'old_owner_you_are_going_to_delete'

2) Now sure about the second.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Two needed features: May be a plug in In reply to
Thnaks Andy..

I wonder if someone fro GT have a solution for #2?
Regards
KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory
Quote Reply
Re: [katabd] Two needed features: May be a plug in In reply to
2) Why don't you just move the category (in the 'Browser'), and then rename it?

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] Two needed features: May be a plug in In reply to
That what I do..

BUT those features were meant for the general users..

Lets imagine having a category with 200 sub categories in it.. You want to move all links in it to another category, when you have such an option it is a clikc away.. while I would have taken 200 action the other way..
Regards
KaTaBd