Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Turning On Persistant Environment

Quote Reply
Turning On Persistant Environment
Hi,

I just reistalled and upgraded my copy of Links SQL, and the way to turn on persistant connections has changed, and I can't figure out how to do it. It used to be in the admin panel, but where is it now? (Am I just missing it...?)

Thanks. :)

I've been looking into this further, and problem is... when I rerun the setup, I don't get the option to turn on persistant environment. When I first set up this new version, I didn't get the option either. I am not rewriting my table data, so it seems to skip over some steps. So I guess my question is, which file can I go into and set persistant environment to 1?

Last edited by:

AtoZ: Jan 8, 2002, 3:17 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [AtoZ] Turning On Persistant Environment In reply to
Hi,

This option is no longer needed, it's auto detected now.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Turning On Persistant Environment In reply to
OK.... In THAT case then, it wasn't auto-detected. It is running in the regular environment, but I have speedy cgi installed as before. How can I make it auto-detect speedy cgi? Where is this auto detection taking place?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: [AtoZ] Turning On Persistant Environment In reply to
Hi,

You need to update your SpeedyCGI to a newer version. The old ones don't setup the proper environment Links SQL needs.

Once this is done, Setup->Environment should show Speedy (1) if it's enabled.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Turning On Persistant Environment In reply to
Update: I had speedycgi version 2.10, and I upgraded to 2.11, and it seems to be working now. Thanks!