Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Template Set Change is not reflecting

Quote Reply
Template Set Change is not reflecting
I was trying out a new template set, and just to see how it comes out, tried a build. Then later switched back to a previously working template set and ran another build. But the problem is that the toplevel categories is not getting built.. I even tried a build all, build staggered and even edited the template category.html in the first set by adding just a html comment and saving it back.. and tried a build change.. but the site is showing the new look design for the toplevel only.. When viewing in dynamic it shows the toplevel in the default template.. I am baffled..
Quote Reply
Re: [saturn] Template Set Change is not reflecting In reply to
Take a look in FTP. Maybe you changed the build extension? For example you have a file in the folders called index.html, but you changed it to index.shtml.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [saturn] Template Set Change is not reflecting In reply to
If you’re experimenting with new templates etc it will pay to switch the site to dynamic mode for testing instead of doing full builds to see your results.
This way you will see the changes immediately.

Go to admin > setup > build options > build_detailed > yes

Make sure you remember to change it back before a build.

Regards

minesite
Quote Reply
Re: [minesite] Template Set Change is not reflecting In reply to
>>>Go to admin > setup > build options > build_detailed > yes <<<

Did I miss something.. or did you point out the wrong setting? I don't remember him asking about detailed pages...heheh.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Template Set Change is not reflecting In reply to
Yeh

Should be build_dynamic

Crazy

Regards

minesite
Quote Reply
I'll try again
Should be : dynamic_pages > yes

Having a bad hair day today.Unsure

Regards

minesite
Quote Reply
LOL

I managed to figure out what it was. The global that they were modifying, was not actually being called in the include HTML templates (i.e their category.html template was calling an included template, which in turn, wasn't calling the global, but instead their menu was hard coded into it Smile).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk