Michael Bray
Quote Reply
Re: [HaiiYaaKID] Teaser Categories In reply to
Do you mean a related category?

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [AndyNewby] Teaser Categories In reply to
Yes, a related category.
Quote Reply
Hi,

You can setup related categories from the Browse option in the admin area. Goto the category you want and then click on Related.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Teaser Categories In reply to
Actually, i'm not sure if it is a related category that i want. What i want is the listing of the categories under the main category. Like how Yahoo has "Recreation & Sports" then "Sport, Travel, Autos..." underneath it.
Quote Reply
I think they are called sub-categories and can just simply be made through the admin panel.
Cheers,
Michael Bray
Quote Reply
You can do that with Links SQL. See the demo: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...pts/links-sql/demo2/. I'm not a Links SQL expert, so I can't tell you how to get it to do it Tongue (I just know it can be done). I believe it's done by using a plugin. Check out the documentation, and the plugins page.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Teaser Categories In reply to
There's a plugin "YahooSubcats" which "Provides yahoo style subcategories (automatically places subcategories on the main page)". It should be available on the Plugin download page in the admin.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Teaser Categories In reply to
How do i get this plug in?
Quote Reply
In your admin area there is a link on the top menu called 'Plugins'. Click on that. Then a menu wil appear on the right with a link saying 'Plugin Manager'. Then select the 'show all' button and it will show all the plugins listed with GTs database. ITs just a case of finding the sub cats mod, clicking on the download link and then installing it via the install link after you have downloaded it Smile

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!