Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Struggling to find Admin/Validate Reviews template

Quote Reply
Struggling to find Admin/Validate Reviews template
I'm trying to add some HTML to the Admin / Validate Reviews results.

The first line is "Review ID 123". I want to add the Title alongside this to make it easier to ID the link being reviewed.

In Templates / Admin / tools_validate_reviews.html I think I'm trying to find whatever populates <%output%> on line 125.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: [MJB] Struggling to find Admin/Validate Reviews template In reply to
Hi MJB,

Its populated by admin/Links/Tools.pm.

Look around line: 1126

Cheers,
Boris

Cheers,
Boris

Facebook, Twitter and Google+ Auth for GLinks and GCommunity | reCAPTCHA for GLinks | Free GLinks Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [eupos] Struggling to find Admin/Validate Reviews template In reply to
Can you tell me where the actual HTML form is?

The red part on the attached image is where <%output%> is in the tools_validate_reviews.html template.

Thanks

Last edited by:

MJB: Jul 4, 2014, 8:46 AM
Quote Reply
Hi,

The actual form is auto generated from the GT modules itself: admin/GT/SQL/Display/HTML/Table.pm (sub _display)

It then is added to the $output with some other values in Links/Tools.pm in validate_reviews function.

if you are trying to change how the form looks, I'm afraid you are a bit out of luck.

What are you trying to achieve anyway?

Cheers,
Boris

Facebook, Twitter and Google+ Auth for GLinks and GCommunity | reCAPTCHA for GLinks | Free GLinks Plugins
Quote Reply
I want to add Review Link Title so I know what the review is about rather than having to find the link from the Review Link ID number.
Quote Reply
Well,

Looking at the modules it's definitely doable although i can't see an easy way, most likely will require modifications in the core GLinks code since there is no form hooks like the ones for Links table Frown

Cheers,
Boris

Quote Reply
Hi,

This is one of my annoyances too. I was working on a "translate" function for someone, and in the end had to make a dirty hack to the .pm file, to search + replace the inputs with the new code I needed to do the magic.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Ok,

Actually since I'm working last couple of days on something kinda similar in terms of playing deep in the guts of the GT modules I might just have a solution for you, although it will be dirty and I personally wouldn't recommend playing with the GLinks modules if you are not sure what are you doing and have a good notes in case __eventually__ something get's upgraded or updated Whistle Wink

Anyway if this thing is vital for you drop me a line and I'll make a quick fix for you ... it will be more likely 3-4 lines of additional code to the Tools.pm

@Andy and MJB, it can be made with a plugin without touching the core code at all. Unfortunately don't have the time for that now, so dirty fix is the best i can do atm Frown

Cheers,
Boris

Last edited by:

eupos: Jul 5, 2014, 1:42 PM
Quote Reply
Hi,

Thanks - TBH, I'm not too fussed at the moment =) Although, I would be interested to see how you approached it Angelic

Quote:
I personally wouldn't recommend playing with the GLinks modules if you are not sure what are you doing and have a good notes in case __eventually__ something get's upgraded or updated Whistle Wink

Whistle

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!