Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Strange search results

Quote Reply
Strange search results
When I search in my linksql for a woel link: ann , I get many results which not contain this word, can any one help ?
Quote Reply
Re: [eidah] Strange search results In reply to
Hi

I had the same problem, when i would do a test search for the word ON i would get all links that was in my database get pulled up until i relized that on all my listings i have the wording (listed on "date") and the seach was pulling all that up.

The only thing i can think of is to change the way the database is indexed by going into the admin area and under database choose Links, Properties and at the bottom choose a different listing method other than nonindexed.

However i could be wrong as i have not tried it yet.

Just thought i'd try to help.

Kirk

--------------------------------------------------

Life isn't like a box of chocolates ... it's more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Re: [eidah] Strange search results In reply to
Does it contain 'ann' anywhere in it? For example 'suzanne'. Also, it may have 'ann' somewhere else, for example the title, description, keywords (if you have any) or any other searchable field.

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [mekro] Strange search results In reply to
Turning on bold may help you see.