Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Static Pages

Quote Reply
Static Pages
what i must click on, that the LinksSQL 2.0 create static html pages? and .... can i use the Templates form Links V2.0. Import data from 2.0 ist possible, or not?

thanks for your help

Quote Reply
Re: Static Pages In reply to
In Reply To:
what i must click on, that the LinksSQL 2.0 create static html pages?
Build All

In Reply To:
can i use the Templates form Links V2.0. Import data from 2.0 ist possible, or not?
Most of the TAGS are the same, however, there are many new ones. It would be best to copy your HTML from the old templates into the new template files.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
ThinkCom:

One thing I have found very valuable when moving over is to move all the templetes over into the deafault, just to get started. Then, when you notice the errors from field names (or whatever) that have changed, look to the corresponding page in AV or Yahoo and see how it changed...

I hope that helps!

dave

Quote Reply
I agree.

I move all the templates to the default directory, work on them, and create my "main" set. Then, I compare those to the other template sets on a file-name by file-name basis, to make sure I get the tags.

As a final test, I rename the default directory to something else, rename the new templates directory to default and see if everything works. I swat the few remaining bugs that way.

Then I make a few back ups and keep the working set of "default" templates as a "default_def" or something else on-line as well, so I can get to them quickly if I need to.

It takes awhile to get everything updated, but once it is, you are "there" :)

PUGDOGŪ
PUGDOGŪ Enterprises, Inc.
FAQ: http://pugdog.com/FAQ

Quote Reply
Is there any place we can get a list of tags in the new version?

Quote Reply
When i use the button "build all", it will nothing happends. only the dynamic pages will work.

must i change anything in the setup?

Quote Reply
nothing happens..?? is there an error message or what? are you using beta 5? there is a cpan module you might need to install otherwise.

Is the directory you have to build in world writable?

http://www.ASciFi.com/ - The Science Fiction Portal
Quote Reply
yes, nothing. no info about the build an no error. in the 1.13 i became a listing what the programm do at the moment. At the SQL 2.0 nothing happens. I use the beta 5.