Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Sort produces an error

Quote Reply
Sort produces an error
I am running Links SQL 2.11 released this past summer. In Admin/Database and choose links and modify. Then I choose sort by title (or any other fields), I will get an error "Failed to execute query: "SELECT * FROM lsql_CatLinks, lsql_Links WHERE lsq;_CatLinks.LinkID=lsql_Links.ID AND (lsql_Links.ID>'1' AND lsql_CatLinks.CategoryID (10) Title LIMIT 0, 25' Reason: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'Title LIMIT 0, 25' at line 5."

Can someone tell me what is wrong and how should I fix this?
Quote Reply
Re: [banana] Sort produces an error In reply to
Did you type that query out or paste it?

The first thing I notice is:

lsq;_

; should be l

Last edited by:

Paul: Oct 23, 2002, 8:21 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Sort produces an error In reply to
Paul:

I may have made a mistake by manually copying the error message into the above post. The error happened in Admin panel. In Database, on the upper left corner boxex, I choose links and modify and click on "go". Then a page come up to search for links to modify. There I type in search criteria and scroll down, I click on the box (modify multple 25 links). Then I choose to sort by title (or any criteria). The red error will come up on the top of the screen.

Now is the cut and pasted message:

Failed to execute query: ' SELECT * FROM lsql_CatLinks, lsql_Links WHERE lsql_CatLinks.LinkID = lsql_Links.ID AND (lsql_Links.ID > '1' AND lsql_CatLinks.CategoryID IN (1)) Title LIMIT 0, 25 ' Reason: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'Title LIMIT 0, 25 ' at line 5

Can you help?

Thanks
Quote Reply
I forgot to mention that the error happened with the imported data from a previous Links (maybe 2.03). I exported data from Links SQL 2.03 in Admin panel-database-backup. Then in the new Links I did a restore. Then I have this error. Did I do anything wrong with transfering my data from one machine to the other?
Quote Reply
Not sure if this will help, but did you do a 'Repair Tables' (Database > on left menu)....

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
I can't find the exact code but it looks like ORDER BY is missing from the query.
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Sort produces an error In reply to
Any:

Thanks. I did a repair table and it still has errors. I don't understand how I missed a code. Maybe I did not do right when I imported data into the search engnine.