Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Some Searches work better than others...

Quote Reply
Some Searches work better than others...
Alex:

getting some very strange results of searches recently. As you no doubt saw in previous posts, <%category_results%> does not seem to be returning anything...

Well, in my modified advanced search, some fields together will run fine (as with your test of writer and director) and others crash. For example, to search the field Characters with the term "Cool Cat" I get this:

In Reply To:
A fatal error has occured:

Can't call method "fetchrow_hashref" on an undefined value at search.cgi line 126, chunk 379.

Please enable debugging in setup for more details.
Test here: http://www.bcdb.com/...=and&substring=0

the variables look fine, so I do not know...

Also, I have found an intermintent bug that seems to not return <%link_results%>.... Just a normal (that is query) search for Cool Cat returns this result:
In Reply To:
Your search for Cool Cat has matched in 0 Series and 10 Cartoons.
But the page shows NO RESULTS! Again, see this at: http://www.bcdb.com/...&Search+BCDB.y=9

Finally, any idea where all this stuff is from: Search+BCDB.x=10&Search+BCDB.y=9

thanks!

dave

Quote Reply
Re: Some Searches work better than others... In reply to
Hi,

Would it be possible for you to mysqldump (or use the Links SQL backup) your data, and email it to me as well as the search.html template you are using for your advanced search so we can do some serious testing here?

In Reply To:
Finally, any idea where all this stuff is from: Search+BCDB.x=10&Search+BCDB.y=9
This is from your browser. If you have a submit button that is an image, it automatically adds the x and y coords of where you clicked on the submit.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Alex:

OK, I will dump you the data! If you are sure! You are also more than welcome to get into my admin-

And thanks for straghtening out that submit thing.... I will get rid of that now!

dave

Quote Reply
Alex:

Found one problem I could have caused... after an update, I did not re-add weights to different fields. I did this, and got some other interesting things....

Try the above Cool Cat search, which now returns 37 hits. Above, I had said that it showed nine links, but none showed; now, the FIRST page shows, but the second page comes up blank...

dave